Search:3 -> 3
- 3 #51 -
Random Sentences using:3
- Flash - v. t. - To cover with a thin layer, as objects of glass with glass of a different color. See Flashing, n., 3 (b).
- Cullet - n. - A small central plane in the back of a cut gem. See Collet, 3 (b).
- Weeper - n. - The capuchin. See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Intrusion - n. - The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
- Met- - - That two replacing radicals, in the benzene nucleus, occupy the relative positions of 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 3 and 5, 4 and 6, 5 and 1, or 6 and 2; as, metacresol, etc. See Ortho-, and Para-.
- Waive - v. t. - A woman put out of the protection of the law. See Waive, v. t., 3 (b), and the Note.
- Three - n. - A symbol representing three units, as 3 or iii.
- Para- - - A prefix denoting: (a) Likeness, similarity, or connection, or that the substance resembles, but is distinct from, that to the name of which it is prefixed; as paraldehyde, paraconine, etc.; also, an isomeric modification. (b) Specifically: (Organ. Chem.) That two groups or radicals substituted in the benzene nucleus are opposite, or in the respective positions 1 and 4; 2 and 5; or 3 and 6, as paraxylene; paroxybenzoic acid. Cf. Ortho-, and Meta-. Also used adjectively.
- Velum - n. - See Veil, n., 3 (b).
- Sai - n. - See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Rudmasday - n. - Either of the feasts of the Holy Cross, occuring on May 3 and September 14, annually.
- Livery stable - - A stable where horses are kept for hire, and where stabling is provided. See Livery, n., 3 (e) (f) & (g).
- Ratio - n. - The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- Superpartient - a. - Of or pertaining to a ratio when the excess of the greater term over the less is more than a unit, as that of 3 to 5, or 7 to 10.
- Draughts - n. pl. - A mild vesicatory. See Draught, n., 3 (c).
- Poll - n. - The European chub. See Pollard, 3 (a).
- Representative - a. - Giving, or existing as, a transcript of what was originally presentative knowledge; as, representative faculties; representative knowledge. See Presentative, 3 and Represent, 8.
- Vouch/or - n. - Same as Voucher, 3 (b).
- Root - n. - That factor of a quantity which when multiplied into itself will produce that quantity; thus, 3 is a root of 9, because 3 multiplied into itself produces 9; 3 is the cube root of 27.
- Pee - n. - Bill of an anchor. See Peak, 3 (c).
- Rundlet - n. - A small barrel of no certain dimensions. It may contain from 3 to 20 gallons, but it usually holds about 14/ gallons.
- Basement - a. - The outer wall of the ground story of a building, or of a part of that story, when treated as a distinct substructure. ( See Base, n., 3 (a).) Hence: The rooms of a ground floor, collectively.
- Throttler - n. - See Flasher, 3 (b).
- Fine - v. i. - To pay a fine. See Fine, n., 3 (b).
- Nucellus - n. - See Nucleus, 3 (a).
- H3877 לוֹטָן - 3877 לוֹטָן from לוֹט; covering; Lotan, an Idumaean; Lotan.
- G5431 φροντίζω - 5431 φροντίζω from a derivative of φρήν; to exercise thought, i.e. be anxious:--be careful.
- H6379 פָּכָה - 6379 פָּכָה a primitive root; to pour; run out.
- H231 אֵזוֹב - 231 אֵזוֹב probably of foreign derivation; hyssop; hyssop.
- H345 אַיָּה - 345 אַיָּה the same as אַיָּה; Ajah, the name of two Israelites; Aiah, Ajah.
- H1643 גֶּרֶשׂ - 1643 גֶּרֶשׂ from an unused root meaning to husk; a kernel (collectively), i.e. grain; beaten corn.
- H4434 מַלְכֹּדֶת - 4434 מַלְכֹּדֶת from לָכַד; a snare; trap.
- H3117 יוֹם - 3117 יוֹם from an unused root meaning to be hot; a day (as the warm hours), whether literal (from sunrise to sunset, or from one sunset to the next), or figurative (a space of time defined by an associated term), (often used adverb); age, [phrase] always, [phrase] chronicals, continually(-ance), daily, ((birth-), each, to) day, (now a, two) days (agone), [phrase] elder, [idiom] end, [phrase] evening, [phrase] (for) ever(-lasting, -more), [idiom] full, life, as (so) long as (... live), (even) now, [phrase] old, [phrase] outlived, [phrase] perpetually, presently, [phrase] remaineth, [idiom] required, season, [idiom] since, space, then, (process of) time, [phrase] as at other times, [phrase] in trouble, weather, (as) when, (a, the, within a) while (that), [idiom] whole ([phrase] age), (full) year(-ly), [phrase] younger.
- G3714 ὀρεινός - 3714 ὀρεινός from ὄρος; mountainous, i.e. (feminine by implication, of χώρα) the Highlands (of Judæa):--hill country.
- G4321 προσαναλίσκω - 4321 προσαναλίσκω from πρός and ἀναλίσκω; to expend further:--spend.
- G3501 νέος - 3501 νέος including the comparative ; a primary word; "new", i.e. (of persons) youthful, or (of things) fresh; figuratively, regenerate:--new, young.
- H6335 פּוּשׁ - 6335 פּוּשׁ a primitive root; to spread; figuratively, act proudly; grow up, be grown fat, spread selves, be scattered.
- G4938 σύντριμμα - 4938 σύντριμμα from συντρίβω; concussion or utter fracture (properly, concretely), i.e. complete ruin:--destruction.
- H6735 צִיר - 6735 צִיר from צוּר; a hinge (as pressed in turning); also a throe (as a phys. or mental pressure); also a herald or erranddoer (as constrained by the principal); ambassador, hinge, messenger, pain, pang, sorrow. Compare צִיר.
- G1173 δεῖπνον - 1173 δεῖπνον from the same as δαπάνη; dinner, i.e. the chief meal (usually in the evening):--feast, supper.
- H4853 מַשָּׂא - 4853 מַשָּׂא from נָשָׂא; a burden; specifically, tribute, or (abstractly) porterage; figuratively, an utterance, chiefly adoom, especially singing; mental, desire; burden, carry away, prophecy, [idiom] they set, song, tribute.
- H6134 עֵקֶר - 6134 עֵקֶר the same as עֵקֶר; Eker, an Israelite; Eker.
- H3672 כִּנְּרוֹת - 3672 כִּנְּרוֹת or כִּנֶּרֶתlemma כִּנֶרֶת missing dagesh, corrected to כִּנֶּרֶת; respectively plural and singular feminine from the same as כִּנּוֹר; perhaps harp-shaped; Kinneroth or Kinnereth, a place in Palestine; Chinnereth, Chinneroth, Cinneroth.
- H5473 סוּג - 5473 סוּג a primitive root (probably rather identical with סוּג through the idea of shrinking from a hedge; compare שׂוּג); to hem in, i.e. bind; set about.
- G838 αὔξησις - 838 αὔξησις from αὐξάνω; growth:--increase.
- H5139 נָזִיר - 5139 נָזִיר or נָזִר; from נָזַר; separate, i.e. consecrated (as prince, a Nazirite); hence (figuratively from the latter) an unpruned vine (like an unshorn Nazirite); Nazarite (by a false alliteration with Nazareth), separate(-d), vine undressed.
- H2314 חָדַר - 2314 חָדַר a primitive root; properly, to inclose (as a room), i.e. (by analogy,) to beset (as in a siege); enter a privy chamber.
- H6330 פּוּקָה - 6330 פּוּקָה from פּוּק; a stumbling-block; grief.
- H4308 מַטְרֵד - 4308 מַטְרֵד from טָרַד; propulsive; Matred, an Edomitess; Matred.
- H2334 חַוּוֹת יָעִיר - 2334 חַוּוֹת יָעִיר from the plural of חַוָּה and a modification of יָעוּר; hamlets of Jair, a region of Palestine; (Bashan-) Havoth-jair.
- H5526 סָכַךְ - 5526 סָכַךְ - סָכַךְ - - çâkak - saw-kak' - or שָׂכַךְ; (Exodus 33:22), a primitive root; properly, to entwine as ascreen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect; cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up. - Verb - heb
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5607 סֵפֶק - 5607 סֵפֶק - סֵפֶק - - çêpheq - say'-fek - or שֶׂפֶק; (Job 20:22; Job 36:18), from סָפַק; chastisement; also satiety; stroke, sufficiency. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5643 סֵתֶר - 5643 סֵתֶר - סֵתֶר - - çêther - say'-ther - or (feminine) סִתְרָה; (Deuteronomy [32:38), from סָתַר; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense); backbiting, covering, covert, [idiom] disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place). - - heb
- H5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - 5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - - çûwmᵉpôwnᵉyâh - soom-po-neh-yaw' - (Aramaic) or סוּמְפֹּנְיָה; (Aramaic), or סִיפֹנְיָא; (Daniel 3:10) (Aramaic), of Greek origin; a bagpipe (with a double pipe); dulcimer. - Noun Feminine - arc
- H5857 עַי - 5857 עַי - עַי - - ʻAy - ah'ee - or (feminine) עַיָּא; (Nehemiah 11:31), or עַיָּת; (Isaiah 10:28), for עִי; Ai, Aja or Ajath, a place in Palestine; Ai, Aija, Aijath, Hai. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5867 עֵילָם - 5867 עֵילָם - עֵילָם - - ʻÊylâm - ay-lawm' - or עוֹלָם; (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36), probably from עָלַם; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites; Elam. - - x-pn
- H5879 עֵינַיִם - 5879 עֵינַיִם - עֵינַיִם - - ʻÊynayim - ay-nah'-yim - or עֵינָם; dual of עַיִן; double fountain; Enajim or Enam, a place in Palestine; Enaim, openly (Genesis 38:21). - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5833 עֶזְרָה - 5833 עֶזְרָה - עֶזְרָה - - ʻezrâh - ez-raw' - or עֶזְרָת; (Psalm 60:11 (13); Psalm 108:12 (13)), feminine of עֵזֶר; aid; help(-ed, -er). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H539 אָמַן - 539 אָמַן - אָמַן - - ʼâman - aw-man' - a primitive root; (Isaiah 30:21; interchangeable with אָמַן, to go to the right hand); properly, to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain; hence, assurance, believe, bring up, establish, [phrase] fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right. - Verb - heb
- H165 אֱהִי - 165 אֱהִי - אֱהִי - - ʼĕhîy - e-hee' - apparently an orthographical variation for אַיֵּה; where; I will be (Hosea 13:10,14) (which is often the rendering of the same Hebrew form from הָיָה). - Adverb - heb
- H672 אֶפְרָת - 672 אֶפְרָת - אֶפְרָת - - ʼEphrâth - ef-rawth' - or אֶפְרָתָה; from פָּרָה; fruitfulness; Ephrath, another name for Bethlehem; once (Psalm 132:6) perhaps for Ephraim; also of an Israelitish woman; Ephrath, Ephratah. - - x-pn
- H336 אִי - 336 אִי - אִי - - ʼîy - ee - lemma אי missing vowel, corrected to אִי; probably identical with אַי (through the idea of a query); not; island (Job 22:30). - Adverb - heb
- H381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - 381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - אִישׁ־חַיִל - - ʼÎysh-Chayil - eesh-khah'-yil - from אִישׁ and חַיִל; man of might; by defective transcription (2 Samuel 23:20) אִישׁ־חַיxlit ʼÎsh-Chay corrected to ʼÎysh-Chay; as if from אִישׁ and חַי; living man; Ishchail (or Ish-chai), an Israelite; a valiant man. - Noun Masculine - x-pn
- H176 אוֹ - 176 אוֹ - אוֹ - - ʼôw - o - presumed to be the 'constructive' or genitival form of אַו ; short for אַוָּה; desire (and so probably in Proverbs 31:4); hence (by way of alternative) or, also if; also, and, either, if, at the least, [idiom] nor, or, otherwise, then, whether. - - heb
- H1262 בָּרָה - 1262 בָּרָה - בָּרָה - - bârâh - baw-raw' - a primitive root; to select; also (as denominative from בָּר) to feed; also (as equivalent to בָּרַר) to render clear (Ecclesiastes 3:18); to select; to feed; to render clear; choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat. - Verb - heb
- H1760 דָּחָה - 1760 דָּחָה - דָּחָה - - dâchâh - daw-khaw' - or דָּחַח; (Jeremiah 23:12), a primitive root; to push down; chase, drive away (on), overthrow, outcast, [idiom] sore, thrust, totter. - Verb - heb
- H1709 דָּג - 1709 דָּג - דָּג - - dâg - dawg - or (fully) דָּאג; (Nehemiah 13:16), from דָּגָה; a fish (as prolific); or perhaps rather from דָּאַג (as timid); but still better from דָּאַג (in the sense of squirming, i.e. moving by the vibratory action of the tail); a fish (often used collectively); fish. - Noun Masculine - heb
- G1163 δεῖ - 1163 δεῖ - ΔΕῖ - - deî - die - 3rd person singular active present of δέω; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):--behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need(-ful), ought, should. - Verb - greek
- H1817 דֶּלֶת - 1817 דֶּלֶת - דֶּלֶת - - deleth - deh'-leth - from דָּלָה; something swinging, i.e. the valve of adoor; door (two-leaved), gate, leaf, lid. (Psalm 141:3). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H1777 דִּין - 1777 דִּין - דִּין - - dîyn - deen - or (Genesis 6:3) דּוּן; a primitive root; a straight course, i.e. sail direct; (come) with a straight course. - Verb - heb
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1688 דְּבִיר - 1688 דְּבִיר - דְּבִיר - - Dᵉbîyr - deb-eer' - or (shortened) דְּבִר; (Joshua 13:26 (but see לֹא דְבַר)), the same as דְּבִיר; Debir, the name of an Amoritish king and of two places in Palestine; Debir. - - x-pn
- H1719 דְּדָן - 1719 דְּדָן - דְּדָן - - Dᵉdân - ded-awn' - or (prolonged) דְּדָנֶה; (Ezekiel 25:13), of uncertain derivation; Dedan, the name of two Cushites and of their territory; Dedan. - - x-pn
- בִּירָנִית - בִּירָנִית - H1003 1003 - bee-raw-neeth' - bîyrânîyth - from H1002 (בִּירָה); - a fortress - castle.
- בֵּית־גָּדֵר - בֵּית־גָּדֵר - H1013 1013 - bayth-gaw-dare' - Bêyth-Gâdêr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H1447 (גָּדֵר); house of (the) wall; - Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine - Beth-gader.
- בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - H1023 1023 - bayth ham-mer-khawk' - Bêyth ham-Merchâq - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4801 (מֶרְחָק) with the article interposed; house of the breadth; - Beth-ham-Merchak, a place in Palestine - place that was far off.
- אָגַר - אָגַר - H103 103 - aw-gar' - ʼâgar - a primitive root; - to harvest - gather.
- בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - H1030 1030 - bayth hash-shim-shee' - Bêyth hash-Shimshîy - patrial from H1053 (בֵּית שֶׁמֶשׁ) with the article inserted; - a Beth-shimshite, or inhabitant of Bethshemesh - Bethshemite.
- בֵּית חׇגְלָה - בֵּית חׇגְלָה - H1031 1031 - bayth chog-law' - Bêyth Choglâh - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the same as H2295 (חׇגְלָה); house of a partridge; - Beth-Choglah, a place in Palestine - Beth-hoglah.
- בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - H1032 1032 - bayth kho-rone' - Bêyth Chôwrôwn - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H2356 (חוֹר); house of hollowness; - Beth-Choron, the name of two adjoining places in Palestine - Beth-horon.
- בֵּית כַּר - בֵּית כַּר - H1033 1033 - bayth kar - Bêyth Kar - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3733 (כַּר); house of pasture; - Beth-Car, a place in Palestine - Beth-car.
- בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - H1034 1034 - bayth leb-aw-oth' - Bêyth Lᵉbâʼôwth - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the plural of H3833 (לָבִיא); house of lionesses; - Beth-Lebaoth, a place in Palestine - Beth-lebaoth. Compare H3822 (לְבָאוֹת).
- בֵּית לֶחֶם - בֵּית לֶחֶם - H1035 1035 - bayth leh'-khem - Bêyth Lechem - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3899 (לֶחֶם); house of bread; - Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine - Bethlehem.
- Mark 15:4 - And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
ΔΈ ΠΙΛᾶΤΟΣ ἘΠΕΡΩΤΆΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΠΆΛΙΝ ΛΈΓΩ ἈΠΟΚΡΊΝΟΜΑΙ ΟὐΔΕΊΣ Οὐ ἼΔΕ ΠΌΣΟΣ ΚΑΤΑΜΑΡΤΥΡΈΩ ΣΟῦ
- 2 Chronicles 18:19 - And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.
יְהֹוָה אָמַר פָּתָה אַחְאָב מֶלֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵל עָלָה נָפַל גִּלְעָד רָמֹת גִּלעָד אָמַר אָמַר כָּכָה אָמַר כָּכָה
- Romans 5:13 - (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
ΓΆΡ ἌΧΡΙ ΝΌΜΟΣ ἉΜΑΡΤΊΑ ἮΝ ἘΝ ΚΌΣΜΟΣ ΔΈ ἉΜΑΡΤΊΑ ἘΛΛΟΓΈΩ Οὐ ἘΛΛΟΓΈΩ ὬΝ ΜΉ ΝΌΜΟΣ
- John 12:19 - The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.
ΦΑΡΙΣΑῖΟΣ ΟὖΝ ἜΠΩ ΠΡΌΣ ἙΑΥΤΟῦ ΘΕΩΡΈΩ ὍΤΙ ὨΦΕΛΈΩ ΟὐΔΕΊΣ Οὐ ἼΔΕ ΚΌΣΜΟΣ ἈΠΈΡΧΟΜΑΙ ὈΠΊΣΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ
- Deuteronomy 20:8 - And the officers shall speak further unto the people, and they shall say, What man is there that is fearful and fainthearted? let him go and return unto his house, lest his brethren's heart faint as well as his heart.
שֹׁטֵר דָבַר יָסַף עַם אָמַר אִישׁ יָרֵא לֵבָב רַךְ יָלַךְ שׁוּב בַּיִת אָח לֵבָב מָסַס לֵבָב