Search:3 -> 3
- 3 #51 -
Random Sentences using:3
- Sai - n. - See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Cullet - n. - A small central plane in the back of a cut gem. See Collet, 3 (b).
- Root - n. - That factor of a quantity which when multiplied into itself will produce that quantity; thus, 3 is a root of 9, because 3 multiplied into itself produces 9; 3 is the cube root of 27.
- Met- - - That two replacing radicals, in the benzene nucleus, occupy the relative positions of 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 3 and 5, 4 and 6, 5 and 1, or 6 and 2; as, metacresol, etc. See Ortho-, and Para-.
- Draughts - n. pl. - A mild vesicatory. See Draught, n., 3 (c).
- Velum - n. - See Veil, n., 3 (b).
- Rundlet - n. - A small barrel of no certain dimensions. It may contain from 3 to 20 gallons, but it usually holds about 14/ gallons.
- Representative - a. - Giving, or existing as, a transcript of what was originally presentative knowledge; as, representative faculties; representative knowledge. See Presentative, 3 and Represent, 8.
- Waive - v. t. - A woman put out of the protection of the law. See Waive, v. t., 3 (b), and the Note.
- Ergot - n. - See 2d Calcar, 3 (b).
- Para- - - A prefix denoting: (a) Likeness, similarity, or connection, or that the substance resembles, but is distinct from, that to the name of which it is prefixed; as paraldehyde, paraconine, etc.; also, an isomeric modification. (b) Specifically: (Organ. Chem.) That two groups or radicals substituted in the benzene nucleus are opposite, or in the respective positions 1 and 4; 2 and 5; or 3 and 6, as paraxylene; paroxybenzoic acid. Cf. Ortho-, and Meta-. Also used adjectively.
- Yakamilk - n. - See Trumpeter, 3 (a).
- Pee - n. - Bill of an anchor. See Peak, 3 (c).
- Basement - a. - The outer wall of the ground story of a building, or of a part of that story, when treated as a distinct substructure. ( See Base, n., 3 (a).) Hence: The rooms of a ground floor, collectively.
- Nucellus - n. - See Nucleus, 3 (a).
- Three - n. - A symbol representing three units, as 3 or iii.
- Tunic - n. - See Mantle, n., 3 (a).
- Part - n. - Such portion of any quantity, as when taken a certain number of times, will exactly make that quantity; as, 3 is a part of 12; -- the opposite of multiple. Also, a line or other element of a geometrical figure.
- Intrusion - n. - The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
- Superpartient - a. - Of or pertaining to a ratio when the excess of the greater term over the less is more than a unit, as that of 3 to 5, or 7 to 10.
- Dulcamara - n. - A plant (Solanum Dulcamara). See Bittersweet, n., 3 (a).
- Vouch/or - n. - Same as Voucher, 3 (b).
- Poll - n. - The European chub. See Pollard, 3 (a).
- Rudmasday - n. - Either of the feasts of the Holy Cross, occuring on May 3 and September 14, annually.
- Throttler - n. - See Flasher, 3 (b).
- G2132 εὐνοέω - 2132 εὐνοέω from a compound of εὖ and νοῦς; to be well- minded, i.e. reconcile:--agree.
- G4399 προφθάνω - 4399 προφθάνω from πρό and φθάνω; to get an earlier start of, i.e. anticipate:--prevent.
- H930 בְּהֵמוֹת - 930 בְּהֵמוֹת in form a plural or בְּהֵמָה, but really a singular of Egyptian derivation; a water-ox, i.e. the hippopotamus or Nile-horse; Behemoth.
- G1379 δογματίζω - 1379 δογματίζω from δόγμα; to prescribe by statute, i.e. (reflexively) to submit to, ceremonially rule:--be subject to ordinances.
- H3356 יָקִים - 3356 יָקִים from קוּם; he will raise; Jakim, the name of two Israelites; Jakim. Compare יְהוֹיָקִים.
- H8435 תּוֹלְדָה - 8435 תּוֹלְדָה or תֹּלְדָה; from יָלַד; (plural only) descent, i.e. family; (figuratively) history; birth, generations.
- H3427 יָשַׁב - 3427 יָשַׁב a primitive root; properly, to sit down (specifically as judge. in ambush, in quiet); by implication, to dwell, to remain; causatively, to settle, to marry; (make to) abide(-ing), continue, (cause to, make to) dwell(-ing), ease self, endure, establish, [idiom] fail, habitation, haunt, (make to) inhabit(-ant), make to keep (house), lurking, [idiom] marry(-ing), (bring again to) place, remain, return, seat, set(-tle), (down-) sit(-down, still, -ting down, -ting (place) -uate), take, tarry.
- H3786 כַּשָּׁף - 3786 כַּשָּׁף from כָּשַׁף; a magician; sorcerer.
- H237 אֶזֶל - 237 אֶזֶל from אָזַל; departure; Ezel, a memorial stone in Palestine; Ezel.
- H3424 יְרֵשָׁה - 3424 יְרֵשָׁה from יָרַשׁ; occupancy; possession.
- H3184 יַחְצְאֵלִי - 3184 יַחְצְאֵלִי patronymically from יַחְצְאֵל; a Jachtseelite (collectively) or descendants of Jachtseel; Jahzeelites.
- G3628 οἰκτιρμός - 3628 οἰκτιρμός from οἰκτείρω; pity:--mercy.
- H3912 לְטוּשִׁם - 3912 לְטוּשִׁם masculine plural of passive participle of לָטַשׁ; hammered (i.e. oppressed) ones; Letushim, an Arabian tribe; Letushim.
- H2734 חָרָה - 2734 חָרָה a primitive root (compare חָרַר); to glow or grow warm; figuratively (usually) to blaze up, of anger, zeal, jealousy; be angry, burn, be displeased, [idiom] earnestly, fret self, grieve, be (wax) hot, be incensed, kindle, [idiom] very, be wroth. See תַּחָרָה.
- G3279 - 3279
- H535 אָמַל - 535 אָמַל a primitive root; to droop; by implication to be sick, to mourn; languish, be weak, wax feeble.
- H5853 עַטְרוֹת אַדָּר - 5853 עַטְרוֹת אַדָּר from the same as עֲטָרוֹת and אַדָּר; crowns of Addar; Atroth-Addar, a place in Palestine; Ataroth-adar(-addar).
- H3091 יְהוֹשׁוּעַ - 3091 יְהוֹשׁוּעַ or יְהוֹשֻׁעַ; from יְהֹוָה and יָשַׁע; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (i.e. Joshua), the Jewish leader; Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare הוֹשֵׁעַ, יֵשׁוּעַ.
- H2713 חָקַר - 2713 חָקַר a primitive root; properly, to penetrate; hence, to examine intimately; find out, (make) search (out), seek (out), sound, try.
- H6639 צָבֶה - 6639 צָבֶה from צָבָה; turgid; swell.
- H5378 נָשָׁא - 5378 נָשָׁא a primitive root (perhaps identical with נָשָׁא, through the idea of imposition); to lend on interest; by implication, to dun fordebt; [idiom] debt, exact, giver of usury.
- G3722 ὄρθρος - 3722 ὄρθρος from the same as ὄρος; dawn (as sun-rise, rising of light); by extension, morn:--early in the morning.
- G3061 λοιμός - 3061 λοιμός of uncertain affinity; a plague (literally, the disease, or figuratively, a pest):--pestilence(-t).
- G3154 ματαιόω - 3154 ματαιόω from μάταιος; to render (passively, become) foolish, i.e. (morally) wicked or (specially), idolatrous:--become vain.
- H4963 מַתְבֵּן - 4963 מַתְבֵּן denominative from תֶּבֶן; straw in the heap; straw.
- H5526 סָכַךְ - 5526 סָכַךְ - סָכַךְ - - çâkak - saw-kak' - or שָׂכַךְ; (Exodus 33:22), a primitive root; properly, to entwine as ascreen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect; cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up. - Verb - heb
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5607 סֵפֶק - 5607 סֵפֶק - סֵפֶק - - çêpheq - say'-fek - or שֶׂפֶק; (Job 20:22; Job 36:18), from סָפַק; chastisement; also satiety; stroke, sufficiency. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5643 סֵתֶר - 5643 סֵתֶר - סֵתֶר - - çêther - say'-ther - or (feminine) סִתְרָה; (Deuteronomy [32:38), from סָתַר; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense); backbiting, covering, covert, [idiom] disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place). - - heb
- H5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - 5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - - çûwmᵉpôwnᵉyâh - soom-po-neh-yaw' - (Aramaic) or סוּמְפֹּנְיָה; (Aramaic), or סִיפֹנְיָא; (Daniel 3:10) (Aramaic), of Greek origin; a bagpipe (with a double pipe); dulcimer. - Noun Feminine - arc
- H5857 עַי - 5857 עַי - עַי - - ʻAy - ah'ee - or (feminine) עַיָּא; (Nehemiah 11:31), or עַיָּת; (Isaiah 10:28), for עִי; Ai, Aja or Ajath, a place in Palestine; Ai, Aija, Aijath, Hai. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5867 עֵילָם - 5867 עֵילָם - עֵילָם - - ʻÊylâm - ay-lawm' - or עוֹלָם; (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36), probably from עָלַם; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites; Elam. - - x-pn
- H5879 עֵינַיִם - 5879 עֵינַיִם - עֵינַיִם - - ʻÊynayim - ay-nah'-yim - or עֵינָם; dual of עַיִן; double fountain; Enajim or Enam, a place in Palestine; Enaim, openly (Genesis 38:21). - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5833 עֶזְרָה - 5833 עֶזְרָה - עֶזְרָה - - ʻezrâh - ez-raw' - or עֶזְרָת; (Psalm 60:11 (13); Psalm 108:12 (13)), feminine of עֵזֶר; aid; help(-ed, -er). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H539 אָמַן - 539 אָמַן - אָמַן - - ʼâman - aw-man' - a primitive root; (Isaiah 30:21; interchangeable with אָמַן, to go to the right hand); properly, to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain; hence, assurance, believe, bring up, establish, [phrase] fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right. - Verb - heb
- H165 אֱהִי - 165 אֱהִי - אֱהִי - - ʼĕhîy - e-hee' - apparently an orthographical variation for אַיֵּה; where; I will be (Hosea 13:10,14) (which is often the rendering of the same Hebrew form from הָיָה). - Adverb - heb
- H672 אֶפְרָת - 672 אֶפְרָת - אֶפְרָת - - ʼEphrâth - ef-rawth' - or אֶפְרָתָה; from פָּרָה; fruitfulness; Ephrath, another name for Bethlehem; once (Psalm 132:6) perhaps for Ephraim; also of an Israelitish woman; Ephrath, Ephratah. - - x-pn
- H336 אִי - 336 אִי - אִי - - ʼîy - ee - lemma אי missing vowel, corrected to אִי; probably identical with אַי (through the idea of a query); not; island (Job 22:30). - Adverb - heb
- H381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - 381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - אִישׁ־חַיִל - - ʼÎysh-Chayil - eesh-khah'-yil - from אִישׁ and חַיִל; man of might; by defective transcription (2 Samuel 23:20) אִישׁ־חַיxlit ʼÎsh-Chay corrected to ʼÎysh-Chay; as if from אִישׁ and חַי; living man; Ishchail (or Ish-chai), an Israelite; a valiant man. - Noun Masculine - x-pn
- H176 אוֹ - 176 אוֹ - אוֹ - - ʼôw - o - presumed to be the 'constructive' or genitival form of אַו ; short for אַוָּה; desire (and so probably in Proverbs 31:4); hence (by way of alternative) or, also if; also, and, either, if, at the least, [idiom] nor, or, otherwise, then, whether. - - heb
- H1262 בָּרָה - 1262 בָּרָה - בָּרָה - - bârâh - baw-raw' - a primitive root; to select; also (as denominative from בָּר) to feed; also (as equivalent to בָּרַר) to render clear (Ecclesiastes 3:18); to select; to feed; to render clear; choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat. - Verb - heb
- H1760 דָּחָה - 1760 דָּחָה - דָּחָה - - dâchâh - daw-khaw' - or דָּחַח; (Jeremiah 23:12), a primitive root; to push down; chase, drive away (on), overthrow, outcast, [idiom] sore, thrust, totter. - Verb - heb
- H1709 דָּג - 1709 דָּג - דָּג - - dâg - dawg - or (fully) דָּאג; (Nehemiah 13:16), from דָּגָה; a fish (as prolific); or perhaps rather from דָּאַג (as timid); but still better from דָּאַג (in the sense of squirming, i.e. moving by the vibratory action of the tail); a fish (often used collectively); fish. - Noun Masculine - heb
- G1163 δεῖ - 1163 δεῖ - ΔΕῖ - - deî - die - 3rd person singular active present of δέω; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):--behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need(-ful), ought, should. - Verb - greek
- H1817 דֶּלֶת - 1817 דֶּלֶת - דֶּלֶת - - deleth - deh'-leth - from דָּלָה; something swinging, i.e. the valve of adoor; door (two-leaved), gate, leaf, lid. (Psalm 141:3). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H1777 דִּין - 1777 דִּין - דִּין - - dîyn - deen - or (Genesis 6:3) דּוּן; a primitive root; a straight course, i.e. sail direct; (come) with a straight course. - Verb - heb
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1688 דְּבִיר - 1688 דְּבִיר - דְּבִיר - - Dᵉbîyr - deb-eer' - or (shortened) דְּבִר; (Joshua 13:26 (but see לֹא דְבַר)), the same as דְּבִיר; Debir, the name of an Amoritish king and of two places in Palestine; Debir. - - x-pn
- H1719 דְּדָן - 1719 דְּדָן - דְּדָן - - Dᵉdân - ded-awn' - or (prolonged) דְּדָנֶה; (Ezekiel 25:13), of uncertain derivation; Dedan, the name of two Cushites and of their territory; Dedan. - - x-pn
- בִּירָנִית - בִּירָנִית - H1003 1003 - bee-raw-neeth' - bîyrânîyth - from H1002 (בִּירָה); - a fortress - castle.
- בֵּית־גָּדֵר - בֵּית־גָּדֵר - H1013 1013 - bayth-gaw-dare' - Bêyth-Gâdêr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H1447 (גָּדֵר); house of (the) wall; - Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine - Beth-gader.
- בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - H1023 1023 - bayth ham-mer-khawk' - Bêyth ham-Merchâq - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4801 (מֶרְחָק) with the article interposed; house of the breadth; - Beth-ham-Merchak, a place in Palestine - place that was far off.
- אָגַר - אָגַר - H103 103 - aw-gar' - ʼâgar - a primitive root; - to harvest - gather.
- בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - H1030 1030 - bayth hash-shim-shee' - Bêyth hash-Shimshîy - patrial from H1053 (בֵּית שֶׁמֶשׁ) with the article inserted; - a Beth-shimshite, or inhabitant of Bethshemesh - Bethshemite.
- בֵּית חׇגְלָה - בֵּית חׇגְלָה - H1031 1031 - bayth chog-law' - Bêyth Choglâh - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the same as H2295 (חׇגְלָה); house of a partridge; - Beth-Choglah, a place in Palestine - Beth-hoglah.
- בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - H1032 1032 - bayth kho-rone' - Bêyth Chôwrôwn - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H2356 (חוֹר); house of hollowness; - Beth-Choron, the name of two adjoining places in Palestine - Beth-horon.
- בֵּית כַּר - בֵּית כַּר - H1033 1033 - bayth kar - Bêyth Kar - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3733 (כַּר); house of pasture; - Beth-Car, a place in Palestine - Beth-car.
- בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - H1034 1034 - bayth leb-aw-oth' - Bêyth Lᵉbâʼôwth - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the plural of H3833 (לָבִיא); house of lionesses; - Beth-Lebaoth, a place in Palestine - Beth-lebaoth. Compare H3822 (לְבָאוֹת).
- בֵּית לֶחֶם - בֵּית לֶחֶם - H1035 1035 - bayth leh'-khem - Bêyth Lechem - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3899 (לֶחֶם); house of bread; - Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine - Bethlehem.
- John 4:8 - (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
ΓΆΡ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΜΑΘΗΤΉΣ ἈΠΈΡΧΟΜΑΙ ΕἸΣ ΠΌΛΙΣ ἽΝΑ ἈΓΟΡΆΖΩ ΤΡΟΦΉ
- Exodus 5:14 - And the officers of the children of Israel, which Pharaoh's taskmasters had set over them, were beaten, and demanded, Wherefore have ye not fulfilled your task in making brick both yesterday and to day, as heretofore?
שֹׁטֵר בֵּן יִשְׂרָאֵל פַּרְעֹה נָגַשׂ שׂוּם נָכָה אָמַר כָּלָה חֹק לָבַן תְּמוֹל יוֹם תְּמוֹל שִׁלְשׁוֹם
- Romans 4:17 - (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
ΚΑΘΏΣ ΓΡΆΦΩ ὍΤΙ ΤΊΘΗΜΙ ΣΈ ΠΑΤΉΡ ΠΟΛΎΣ ἜΘΝΟΣ ΚΑΤΈΝΑΝΤΙ ὍΣ ΠΙΣΤΕΎΩ ΘΕΌΣ ΖΩΟΠΟΙΈΩ ΝΕΚΡΌΣ ΚΑΊ ΚΑΛΈΩ ὬΝ ΜΉ ὩΣ ὬΝ
- Hebrews 12:20 - (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
ΓΆΡ ΦΈΡΩ Οὐ ΦΈΡΩ ΔΙΑΣΤΈΛΛΟΜΑΙ ΚἌΝ ΘΗΡΊΟΝ ΘΙΓΓΆΝΩ ὌΡΟΣ ΛΙΘΟΒΟΛΈΩ Ἤ ΚΑΤΑΤΟΞΕΎΩ ΒΟΛΊΣ
- Romans 5:13 - (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
ΓΆΡ ἌΧΡΙ ΝΌΜΟΣ ἉΜΑΡΤΊΑ ἮΝ ἘΝ ΚΌΣΜΟΣ ΔΈ ἉΜΑΡΤΊΑ ἘΛΛΟΓΈΩ Οὐ ἘΛΛΟΓΈΩ ὬΝ ΜΉ ΝΌΜΟΣ