Search:3 -> 3
- 3 #51 -
Random Sentences using:3
- Vouch/or - n. - Same as Voucher, 3 (b).
- Basement - a. - The outer wall of the ground story of a building, or of a part of that story, when treated as a distinct substructure. ( See Base, n., 3 (a).) Hence: The rooms of a ground floor, collectively.
- Para- - - A prefix denoting: (a) Likeness, similarity, or connection, or that the substance resembles, but is distinct from, that to the name of which it is prefixed; as paraldehyde, paraconine, etc.; also, an isomeric modification. (b) Specifically: (Organ. Chem.) That two groups or radicals substituted in the benzene nucleus are opposite, or in the respective positions 1 and 4; 2 and 5; or 3 and 6, as paraxylene; paroxybenzoic acid. Cf. Ortho-, and Meta-. Also used adjectively.
- Root - n. - That factor of a quantity which when multiplied into itself will produce that quantity; thus, 3 is a root of 9, because 3 multiplied into itself produces 9; 3 is the cube root of 27.
- Tunic - n. - See Mantle, n., 3 (a).
- Draughts - n. pl. - A mild vesicatory. See Draught, n., 3 (c).
- Intrusion - n. - The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
- Ratio - n. - The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- Nones - n. pl. - The canonical office, being a part of the Breviary, recited at noon (formerly at the ninth hour, 3 P. M.) in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Sai - n. - See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Pee - n. - Bill of an anchor. See Peak, 3 (c).
- Cullet - n. - A small central plane in the back of a cut gem. See Collet, 3 (b).
- Ergot - n. - See 2d Calcar, 3 (b).
- Throttler - n. - See Flasher, 3 (b).
- Rudmasday - n. - Either of the feasts of the Holy Cross, occuring on May 3 and September 14, annually.
- Nucellus - n. - See Nucleus, 3 (a).
- Waive - v. t. - A woman put out of the protection of the law. See Waive, v. t., 3 (b), and the Note.
- Flash - v. t. - To cover with a thin layer, as objects of glass with glass of a different color. See Flashing, n., 3 (b).
- Rundlet - n. - A small barrel of no certain dimensions. It may contain from 3 to 20 gallons, but it usually holds about 14/ gallons.
- Part - n. - Such portion of any quantity, as when taken a certain number of times, will exactly make that quantity; as, 3 is a part of 12; -- the opposite of multiple. Also, a line or other element of a geometrical figure.
- Met- - - That two replacing radicals, in the benzene nucleus, occupy the relative positions of 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 3 and 5, 4 and 6, 5 and 1, or 6 and 2; as, metacresol, etc. See Ortho-, and Para-.
- Livery stable - - A stable where horses are kept for hire, and where stabling is provided. See Livery, n., 3 (e) (f) & (g).
- Fine - v. i. - To pay a fine. See Fine, n., 3 (b).
- Yakamilk - n. - See Trumpeter, 3 (a).
- Representative - a. - Giving, or existing as, a transcript of what was originally presentative knowledge; as, representative faculties; representative knowledge. See Presentative, 3 and Represent, 8.
- G3601 ὀδύνη - 3601 ὀδύνη from δύνω; grief (as dejecting):--sorrow.
- H8381 תַּאֲלָה - 8381 תַּאֲלָה from אָלָה; an imprecation; curse.
- G3215 - 3215
- G5315 φάγω - 5315 φάγω a primary verb (used as an alternate of ἐσθίω in certain tenses); to eat (literally or figuratively):--eat, meat.
- G3261 - 3261
- H5318 נֶפְתּוֹחַ - 5318 נֶפְתּוֹחַ from פָּתַח; opened, i.e. a spring; Nephtoach, a place in Palestine; Neptoah.
- G4953 σύσσημον - 4953 σύσσημον neuter of a compound of σύν and the base of σημαίνω; a sign in common, i.e. preconcerted signal:--token.
- G3939 παροικέω - 3939 παροικέω from παρά and οἰκέω; to dwell near, i.e. reside as a foreigner:--sojourn in, be a stranger.
- H8453 תּוֹשָׁב - 8453 תּוֹשָׁב or תֹּשָׁב; (1 Kings 17:1), from יָשַׁב; a dweller (but not outlandish (נׇכְרִי)); especially (as distinguished from a native citizen (active participle of יָשַׁב) and a temporary inmate (גֵּר) or mere lodger (לוּן)); resident alien; foreigner, inhabitant, sojourner, stranger.
- G1136 Γώγ - 1136 Γώγ of Hebrew origin (גּוֹג); Gog, a symbolic name for some future Antichrist:--Gog.
- G4737 στεφανόω - 4737 στεφανόω from στέφανος; to adorn with an honorary wreath (literally or figuratively):--crown.
- G5304 ὑστέρησις - 5304 ὑστέρησις from ὑστερέω; a falling short, i.e. (specially), penury:--want.
- H6313 פּוּג - 6313 פּוּג a primitive root; to be sluggish; cease, be feeble, faint, be slacked.
- G3097 μάγος - 3097 μάγος of foreign origin (רַב־מָג); a Magian, i.e. Oriental scientist; by implication, a magician:--sorcerer, wise man.
- G3908 παρατίθημι - 3908 παρατίθημι from παρά and τίθημι; to place alongside, i.e. present (food, truth); by implication, to deposit (as a trust or for protection):--allege, commend, commit (the keeping of), put forth, set before.
- G3969 Πατροβᾶς - 3969 Πατροβᾶς perhaps a contraction for (a compound of πατήρ and βίος); father's life; Patrobas, a Christian:--Patrobas.
- H8379 תַּאֲוָה - 8379 תַּאֲוָה from תָּאָה; a limit, i.e. full extent; utmost bound.
- H936 בּוּז - 936 בּוּז a primitive root; to disrespect; contemn, despise, [idiom] utterly.
- G3719 ὀρθρίζω - 3719 ὀρθρίζω from ὄρθρος; to use the dawn, i.e. (by implication) to repair betimes:--come early in the morning.
- H8213 שָׁפֵל - 8213 שָׁפֵל a primitive root; to depress or sink (expectation figuratively, to humiliate, intransitive or transitive); abase, bring (cast, put) down, debase, humble (self), be (bring, lay, make, put) low(-er).
- G3366 μηδέ - 3366 μηδέ from μή and δέ; but not, not even; in a continued negation, nor:--neither, nor (yet), (no) not (once, so much as).
- H4693 מָצוֹר - 4693 מָצוֹר the same as מָצוֹר in the sense of a limit; Egypt (as the border of Palestine); besieged places, defense, fortified.
- H3054 יָהַד - 3054 יָהַד denominative from a form corresponding to יְהוּדlemma יְהיּד yod, corrected to יְהוּד; to Judaize, i.e. become Jewish; become Jews.
- G4364 προσποιέομαι - 4364 προσποιέομαι middle voice from πρός and ποιέω; to do forward for oneself, i.e. pretend (as if about to do a thing):--make as though.
- H6319 פּוֹטִי פֶרַע - 6319 פּוֹטִי פֶרַע of Egyptian derivation; Poti-Phera, an Egyptian; Poti-pherah.
- H5526 סָכַךְ - 5526 סָכַךְ - סָכַךְ - - çâkak - saw-kak' - or שָׂכַךְ; (Exodus 33:22), a primitive root; properly, to entwine as ascreen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect; cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up. - Verb - heb
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5607 סֵפֶק - 5607 סֵפֶק - סֵפֶק - - çêpheq - say'-fek - or שֶׂפֶק; (Job 20:22; Job 36:18), from סָפַק; chastisement; also satiety; stroke, sufficiency. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5643 סֵתֶר - 5643 סֵתֶר - סֵתֶר - - çêther - say'-ther - or (feminine) סִתְרָה; (Deuteronomy [32:38), from סָתַר; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense); backbiting, covering, covert, [idiom] disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place). - - heb
- H5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - 5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - - çûwmᵉpôwnᵉyâh - soom-po-neh-yaw' - (Aramaic) or סוּמְפֹּנְיָה; (Aramaic), or סִיפֹנְיָא; (Daniel 3:10) (Aramaic), of Greek origin; a bagpipe (with a double pipe); dulcimer. - Noun Feminine - arc
- H5857 עַי - 5857 עַי - עַי - - ʻAy - ah'ee - or (feminine) עַיָּא; (Nehemiah 11:31), or עַיָּת; (Isaiah 10:28), for עִי; Ai, Aja or Ajath, a place in Palestine; Ai, Aija, Aijath, Hai. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5867 עֵילָם - 5867 עֵילָם - עֵילָם - - ʻÊylâm - ay-lawm' - or עוֹלָם; (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36), probably from עָלַם; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites; Elam. - - x-pn
- H5879 עֵינַיִם - 5879 עֵינַיִם - עֵינַיִם - - ʻÊynayim - ay-nah'-yim - or עֵינָם; dual of עַיִן; double fountain; Enajim or Enam, a place in Palestine; Enaim, openly (Genesis 38:21). - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5833 עֶזְרָה - 5833 עֶזְרָה - עֶזְרָה - - ʻezrâh - ez-raw' - or עֶזְרָת; (Psalm 60:11 (13); Psalm 108:12 (13)), feminine of עֵזֶר; aid; help(-ed, -er). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H539 אָמַן - 539 אָמַן - אָמַן - - ʼâman - aw-man' - a primitive root; (Isaiah 30:21; interchangeable with אָמַן, to go to the right hand); properly, to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain; hence, assurance, believe, bring up, establish, [phrase] fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right. - Verb - heb
- H165 אֱהִי - 165 אֱהִי - אֱהִי - - ʼĕhîy - e-hee' - apparently an orthographical variation for אַיֵּה; where; I will be (Hosea 13:10,14) (which is often the rendering of the same Hebrew form from הָיָה). - Adverb - heb
- H672 אֶפְרָת - 672 אֶפְרָת - אֶפְרָת - - ʼEphrâth - ef-rawth' - or אֶפְרָתָה; from פָּרָה; fruitfulness; Ephrath, another name for Bethlehem; once (Psalm 132:6) perhaps for Ephraim; also of an Israelitish woman; Ephrath, Ephratah. - - x-pn
- H336 אִי - 336 אִי - אִי - - ʼîy - ee - lemma אי missing vowel, corrected to אִי; probably identical with אַי (through the idea of a query); not; island (Job 22:30). - Adverb - heb
- H381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - 381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - אִישׁ־חַיִל - - ʼÎysh-Chayil - eesh-khah'-yil - from אִישׁ and חַיִל; man of might; by defective transcription (2 Samuel 23:20) אִישׁ־חַיxlit ʼÎsh-Chay corrected to ʼÎysh-Chay; as if from אִישׁ and חַי; living man; Ishchail (or Ish-chai), an Israelite; a valiant man. - Noun Masculine - x-pn
- H176 אוֹ - 176 אוֹ - אוֹ - - ʼôw - o - presumed to be the 'constructive' or genitival form of אַו ; short for אַוָּה; desire (and so probably in Proverbs 31:4); hence (by way of alternative) or, also if; also, and, either, if, at the least, [idiom] nor, or, otherwise, then, whether. - - heb
- H1262 בָּרָה - 1262 בָּרָה - בָּרָה - - bârâh - baw-raw' - a primitive root; to select; also (as denominative from בָּר) to feed; also (as equivalent to בָּרַר) to render clear (Ecclesiastes 3:18); to select; to feed; to render clear; choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat. - Verb - heb
- H1760 דָּחָה - 1760 דָּחָה - דָּחָה - - dâchâh - daw-khaw' - or דָּחַח; (Jeremiah 23:12), a primitive root; to push down; chase, drive away (on), overthrow, outcast, [idiom] sore, thrust, totter. - Verb - heb
- H1709 דָּג - 1709 דָּג - דָּג - - dâg - dawg - or (fully) דָּאג; (Nehemiah 13:16), from דָּגָה; a fish (as prolific); or perhaps rather from דָּאַג (as timid); but still better from דָּאַג (in the sense of squirming, i.e. moving by the vibratory action of the tail); a fish (often used collectively); fish. - Noun Masculine - heb
- G1163 δεῖ - 1163 δεῖ - ΔΕῖ - - deî - die - 3rd person singular active present of δέω; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):--behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need(-ful), ought, should. - Verb - greek
- H1817 דֶּלֶת - 1817 דֶּלֶת - דֶּלֶת - - deleth - deh'-leth - from דָּלָה; something swinging, i.e. the valve of adoor; door (two-leaved), gate, leaf, lid. (Psalm 141:3). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H1777 דִּין - 1777 דִּין - דִּין - - dîyn - deen - or (Genesis 6:3) דּוּן; a primitive root; a straight course, i.e. sail direct; (come) with a straight course. - Verb - heb
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1688 דְּבִיר - 1688 דְּבִיר - דְּבִיר - - Dᵉbîyr - deb-eer' - or (shortened) דְּבִר; (Joshua 13:26 (but see לֹא דְבַר)), the same as דְּבִיר; Debir, the name of an Amoritish king and of two places in Palestine; Debir. - - x-pn
- H1719 דְּדָן - 1719 דְּדָן - דְּדָן - - Dᵉdân - ded-awn' - or (prolonged) דְּדָנֶה; (Ezekiel 25:13), of uncertain derivation; Dedan, the name of two Cushites and of their territory; Dedan. - - x-pn
- בִּירָנִית - בִּירָנִית - H1003 1003 - bee-raw-neeth' - bîyrânîyth - from H1002 (בִּירָה); - a fortress - castle.
- בֵּית־גָּדֵר - בֵּית־גָּדֵר - H1013 1013 - bayth-gaw-dare' - Bêyth-Gâdêr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H1447 (גָּדֵר); house of (the) wall; - Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine - Beth-gader.
- בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - H1023 1023 - bayth ham-mer-khawk' - Bêyth ham-Merchâq - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4801 (מֶרְחָק) with the article interposed; house of the breadth; - Beth-ham-Merchak, a place in Palestine - place that was far off.
- אָגַר - אָגַר - H103 103 - aw-gar' - ʼâgar - a primitive root; - to harvest - gather.
- בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - H1030 1030 - bayth hash-shim-shee' - Bêyth hash-Shimshîy - patrial from H1053 (בֵּית שֶׁמֶשׁ) with the article inserted; - a Beth-shimshite, or inhabitant of Bethshemesh - Bethshemite.
- בֵּית חׇגְלָה - בֵּית חׇגְלָה - H1031 1031 - bayth chog-law' - Bêyth Choglâh - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the same as H2295 (חׇגְלָה); house of a partridge; - Beth-Choglah, a place in Palestine - Beth-hoglah.
- בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - H1032 1032 - bayth kho-rone' - Bêyth Chôwrôwn - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H2356 (חוֹר); house of hollowness; - Beth-Choron, the name of two adjoining places in Palestine - Beth-horon.
- בֵּית כַּר - בֵּית כַּר - H1033 1033 - bayth kar - Bêyth Kar - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3733 (כַּר); house of pasture; - Beth-Car, a place in Palestine - Beth-car.
- בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - H1034 1034 - bayth leb-aw-oth' - Bêyth Lᵉbâʼôwth - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the plural of H3833 (לָבִיא); house of lionesses; - Beth-Lebaoth, a place in Palestine - Beth-lebaoth. Compare H3822 (לְבָאוֹת).
- בֵּית לֶחֶם - בֵּית לֶחֶם - H1035 1035 - bayth leh'-khem - Bêyth Lechem - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3899 (לֶחֶם); house of bread; - Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine - Bethlehem.
- Romans 5:13 - (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
ΓΆΡ ἌΧΡΙ ΝΌΜΟΣ ἉΜΑΡΤΊΑ ἮΝ ἘΝ ΚΌΣΜΟΣ ΔΈ ἉΜΑΡΤΊΑ ἘΛΛΟΓΈΩ Οὐ ἘΛΛΟΓΈΩ ὬΝ ΜΉ ΝΌΜΟΣ
- Luke 23:19 - (Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison.)
ὍΣΤΙΣ ἮΝ ΔΙΆ ΤῚΣ ΣΤΆΣΙΣ ΓΊΝΟΜΑΙ ἘΝ ΠΌΛΙΣ ΚΑΊ ΦΌΝΟΣ ΒΆΛΛΩ ΕἸΣ ΦΥΛΑΚΉ
- Mark 15:41 - (Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered unto him;) and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem.
ὍΣ ΚΑΊ ὍΤΕ ἮΝ ἘΝ ΓΑΛΙΛΑΊΑ ἈΚΟΛΟΥΘΈΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΚΑΊ ΔΙΑΚΟΝΈΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΚΑΊ ΠΟΛΎΣ ἌΛΛΟΣ Ὁ ΣΥΝΑΝΑΒΑΊΝΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΕἸΣ ἹΕΡΟΣΌΛΥΜΑ
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 - (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
ΓΆΡ ΛΈΓΩ ἘΠΑΚΟΎΩ ΣΟῦ ΚΑΙΡΌΣ ΔΕΚΤΌΣ ΚΑΊ ἘΝ ἩΜΈΡΑ ΣΩΤΗΡΊΑ ΒΟΗΘΈΩ ΣΟΊ ἸΔΟΎ ΝῦΝ ΕὐΠΡΌΣΔΕΚΤΟΣ ΚΑΙΡΌΣ ἸΔΟΎ ΝῦΝ ἩΜΈΡΑ ΣΩΤΗΡΊΑ
- 1 Samuel 9:9 - (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)
פָּנִים יִשְׂרָאֵל אִישׁ יָלַךְ דָּרַשׁ אֱלֹהִים אָמַר יָלַךְ יָלַךְ רָאָה יוֹם נָבִיא פָּנִים קָרָא רָאָה