Search:3 -> 3
- 3 #51 -
Random Sentences using:3
- Pee - n. - Bill of an anchor. See Peak, 3 (c).
- Cullet - n. - A small central plane in the back of a cut gem. See Collet, 3 (b).
- Ergot - n. - See 2d Calcar, 3 (b).
- Part - n. - Such portion of any quantity, as when taken a certain number of times, will exactly make that quantity; as, 3 is a part of 12; -- the opposite of multiple. Also, a line or other element of a geometrical figure.
- Velum - n. - See Veil, n., 3 (b).
- Three - n. - A symbol representing three units, as 3 or iii.
- Dulcamara - n. - A plant (Solanum Dulcamara). See Bittersweet, n., 3 (a).
- Superpartient - a. - Of or pertaining to a ratio when the excess of the greater term over the less is more than a unit, as that of 3 to 5, or 7 to 10.
- Yakamilk - n. - See Trumpeter, 3 (a).
- Rudmasday - n. - Either of the feasts of the Holy Cross, occuring on May 3 and September 14, annually.
- Livery stable - - A stable where horses are kept for hire, and where stabling is provided. See Livery, n., 3 (e) (f) & (g).
- Weeper - n. - The capuchin. See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Representative - a. - Giving, or existing as, a transcript of what was originally presentative knowledge; as, representative faculties; representative knowledge. See Presentative, 3 and Represent, 8.
- Vouch/or - n. - Same as Voucher, 3 (b).
- Flash - v. t. - To cover with a thin layer, as objects of glass with glass of a different color. See Flashing, n., 3 (b).
- Draughts - n. pl. - A mild vesicatory. See Draught, n., 3 (c).
- Para- - - A prefix denoting: (a) Likeness, similarity, or connection, or that the substance resembles, but is distinct from, that to the name of which it is prefixed; as paraldehyde, paraconine, etc.; also, an isomeric modification. (b) Specifically: (Organ. Chem.) That two groups or radicals substituted in the benzene nucleus are opposite, or in the respective positions 1 and 4; 2 and 5; or 3 and 6, as paraxylene; paroxybenzoic acid. Cf. Ortho-, and Meta-. Also used adjectively.
- Ratio - n. - The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- Fine - v. i. - To pay a fine. See Fine, n., 3 (b).
- Rundlet - n. - A small barrel of no certain dimensions. It may contain from 3 to 20 gallons, but it usually holds about 14/ gallons.
- Poll - n. - The European chub. See Pollard, 3 (a).
- Tunic - n. - See Mantle, n., 3 (a).
- Root - n. - That factor of a quantity which when multiplied into itself will produce that quantity; thus, 3 is a root of 9, because 3 multiplied into itself produces 9; 3 is the cube root of 27.
- Intrusion - n. - The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
- Sai - n. - See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- G1370 διχοστασία - 1370 διχοστασία from a derivative of δίς and στάσις; disunion, i.e. (figuratively) dissension:--division, sedition.
- G3815 παίζω - 3815 παίζω from παῖς; to sport (as a boy):--play.
- H3905 לָחַץ - 3905 לָחַץ a primitive root; properly, to press, i.e. (figuratively) to distress; afflict, crush, force, hold fast, oppress(-or), thrust self.
- G273 ἄμεμπτος - 273 ἄμεμπτος from Α (as a negative particle) and a derivative of μέμφομαι; irreproachable:--blameless, faultless, unblamable.
- H3214 יְלֵל - 3214 יְלֵל from יָלַל; a howl; howling.
- H1337 בַּת רַבִּים - 1337 בַּת רַבִּים from בַּת and a masculine plural from רַב; the daughter (i.e. city) of Rabbah; Bath-rabbim.
- G367 Ἀνανίας - 367 Ἀνανίας of Hebrew origin (חֲנַנְיָה); Ananias, the name of three Israelites:--Ananias.
- H6943 קֶדֶשׁ - 6943 קֶדֶשׁ from קָדַשׁ; a sanctum; Kedesh, the name of four places in Palestine; Kedesh.
- H7351 רְחִיט - 7351 רְחִיט from the same as רַהַט; a panel (as resembling a trough); rafter.
- G3025 ληνός - 3025 ληνός apparently a primary word; a trough, i.e. wine-vat:--winepress.
- H7363 רָחַף - 7363 רָחַף a primitive root; to brood; by implication, to be relaxed; flutter, move, shake.
- H5038 נְבֵלָה - 5038 נְבֵלָה from נָבֵל; a flabby thing, i.e. a carcase or carrion (human or bestial, often collectively); figuratively, an idol; (dead) body, (dead) carcase, dead of itself, which died, (beast) that (which) dieth of itself.
- H3644 כְּמוֹ - 3644 כְּמוֹ or כָּמוֹ; (compare כֵּן); a form of the prefix 'k-', but used separately as, thus, so; according to, (such) as (it were, well as), in comparison of, like (as, to, unto), thus, when, worth.
- G3005 λεῖμμα - 3005 λεῖμμα from λείπω; a remainder:--remnant.
- H2347 חוּס - 2347 חוּס a primitive root; properly, to cover, i.e. (figuratively) to compassionate; pity, regard, spare.
- H1630 גְּרִזִים - 1630 גְּרִזִים plural of an unused noun from גָּרַז (compare גִּזְרִי), cut up (i.e. rocky); Gerizim, a mountain of Palestine; Gerizim.
- H6317 פּוּטִיאֵל - 6317 פּוּטִיאֵל from an unused root (probably meaning to disparage) and אֵל; contempt of God; Putiel, an Israelite; Putiel.
- H1319 בָּשַׂר - 1319 בָּשַׂר a primitive root; properly, to be fresh, i.e. full (rosy, (figuratively) cheerful); to announce (glad news); messenger, preach, publish, shew forth, (bear, bring, carry, preach, good, tell good) tidings.
- G2358 θριαμβεύω - 2358 θριαμβεύω from a prolonged compound of the base of θροέω; and a derivative of ἅπτομαι (meaning a noisy iambus, sung in honor of Bacchus); to make an acclamatory procession, i.e. (figuratively) to conquer or (by Hebraism) to give victory:--(cause) to triumph (over).
- H8539 תָּמַהּ - 8539 תָּמַהּ a primitive root; to be in consternation; be amazed, be astonished, marvel(-lously), wonder.
- H6396 פַּלּוּא - 6396 פַּלּוּא from פָּלָה; distinguished; Pallu, an Israelite; Pallu, Phallu.
- H503 אָלַף - 503 אָלַף denominative from אֶלֶף; causative, to make athousandfold; bring forth thousands.
- G3 Ἀβαδδών - 3 Ἀβαδδών of Hebrew origin (אֲבַדּוֹן); a destroying angel:--Abaddon.
- H2936 טָנַף - 2936 טָנַף a primitive root; to soil; defile.
- H1013 בֵּית־גָּדֵר - 1013 בֵּית־גָּדֵר from בַּיִת and גָּדֵר; house of (the) wall; Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine; Beth-gader.
- H5526 סָכַךְ - 5526 סָכַךְ - סָכַךְ - - çâkak - saw-kak' - or שָׂכַךְ; (Exodus 33:22), a primitive root; properly, to entwine as ascreen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect; cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up. - Verb - heb
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5607 סֵפֶק - 5607 סֵפֶק - סֵפֶק - - çêpheq - say'-fek - or שֶׂפֶק; (Job 20:22; Job 36:18), from סָפַק; chastisement; also satiety; stroke, sufficiency. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5643 סֵתֶר - 5643 סֵתֶר - סֵתֶר - - çêther - say'-ther - or (feminine) סִתְרָה; (Deuteronomy [32:38), from סָתַר; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense); backbiting, covering, covert, [idiom] disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place). - - heb
- H5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - 5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - - çûwmᵉpôwnᵉyâh - soom-po-neh-yaw' - (Aramaic) or סוּמְפֹּנְיָה; (Aramaic), or סִיפֹנְיָא; (Daniel 3:10) (Aramaic), of Greek origin; a bagpipe (with a double pipe); dulcimer. - Noun Feminine - arc
- H5857 עַי - 5857 עַי - עַי - - ʻAy - ah'ee - or (feminine) עַיָּא; (Nehemiah 11:31), or עַיָּת; (Isaiah 10:28), for עִי; Ai, Aja or Ajath, a place in Palestine; Ai, Aija, Aijath, Hai. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5867 עֵילָם - 5867 עֵילָם - עֵילָם - - ʻÊylâm - ay-lawm' - or עוֹלָם; (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36), probably from עָלַם; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites; Elam. - - x-pn
- H5879 עֵינַיִם - 5879 עֵינַיִם - עֵינַיִם - - ʻÊynayim - ay-nah'-yim - or עֵינָם; dual of עַיִן; double fountain; Enajim or Enam, a place in Palestine; Enaim, openly (Genesis 38:21). - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5833 עֶזְרָה - 5833 עֶזְרָה - עֶזְרָה - - ʻezrâh - ez-raw' - or עֶזְרָת; (Psalm 60:11 (13); Psalm 108:12 (13)), feminine of עֵזֶר; aid; help(-ed, -er). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H539 אָמַן - 539 אָמַן - אָמַן - - ʼâman - aw-man' - a primitive root; (Isaiah 30:21; interchangeable with אָמַן, to go to the right hand); properly, to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain; hence, assurance, believe, bring up, establish, [phrase] fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right. - Verb - heb
- H165 אֱהִי - 165 אֱהִי - אֱהִי - - ʼĕhîy - e-hee' - apparently an orthographical variation for אַיֵּה; where; I will be (Hosea 13:10,14) (which is often the rendering of the same Hebrew form from הָיָה). - Adverb - heb
- H672 אֶפְרָת - 672 אֶפְרָת - אֶפְרָת - - ʼEphrâth - ef-rawth' - or אֶפְרָתָה; from פָּרָה; fruitfulness; Ephrath, another name for Bethlehem; once (Psalm 132:6) perhaps for Ephraim; also of an Israelitish woman; Ephrath, Ephratah. - - x-pn
- H336 אִי - 336 אִי - אִי - - ʼîy - ee - lemma אי missing vowel, corrected to אִי; probably identical with אַי (through the idea of a query); not; island (Job 22:30). - Adverb - heb
- H381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - 381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - אִישׁ־חַיִל - - ʼÎysh-Chayil - eesh-khah'-yil - from אִישׁ and חַיִל; man of might; by defective transcription (2 Samuel 23:20) אִישׁ־חַיxlit ʼÎsh-Chay corrected to ʼÎysh-Chay; as if from אִישׁ and חַי; living man; Ishchail (or Ish-chai), an Israelite; a valiant man. - Noun Masculine - x-pn
- H176 אוֹ - 176 אוֹ - אוֹ - - ʼôw - o - presumed to be the 'constructive' or genitival form of אַו ; short for אַוָּה; desire (and so probably in Proverbs 31:4); hence (by way of alternative) or, also if; also, and, either, if, at the least, [idiom] nor, or, otherwise, then, whether. - - heb
- H1262 בָּרָה - 1262 בָּרָה - בָּרָה - - bârâh - baw-raw' - a primitive root; to select; also (as denominative from בָּר) to feed; also (as equivalent to בָּרַר) to render clear (Ecclesiastes 3:18); to select; to feed; to render clear; choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat. - Verb - heb
- H1760 דָּחָה - 1760 דָּחָה - דָּחָה - - dâchâh - daw-khaw' - or דָּחַח; (Jeremiah 23:12), a primitive root; to push down; chase, drive away (on), overthrow, outcast, [idiom] sore, thrust, totter. - Verb - heb
- H1709 דָּג - 1709 דָּג - דָּג - - dâg - dawg - or (fully) דָּאג; (Nehemiah 13:16), from דָּגָה; a fish (as prolific); or perhaps rather from דָּאַג (as timid); but still better from דָּאַג (in the sense of squirming, i.e. moving by the vibratory action of the tail); a fish (often used collectively); fish. - Noun Masculine - heb
- G1163 δεῖ - 1163 δεῖ - ΔΕῖ - - deî - die - 3rd person singular active present of δέω; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):--behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need(-ful), ought, should. - Verb - greek
- H1817 דֶּלֶת - 1817 דֶּלֶת - דֶּלֶת - - deleth - deh'-leth - from דָּלָה; something swinging, i.e. the valve of adoor; door (two-leaved), gate, leaf, lid. (Psalm 141:3). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H1777 דִּין - 1777 דִּין - דִּין - - dîyn - deen - or (Genesis 6:3) דּוּן; a primitive root; a straight course, i.e. sail direct; (come) with a straight course. - Verb - heb
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1688 דְּבִיר - 1688 דְּבִיר - דְּבִיר - - Dᵉbîyr - deb-eer' - or (shortened) דְּבִר; (Joshua 13:26 (but see לֹא דְבַר)), the same as דְּבִיר; Debir, the name of an Amoritish king and of two places in Palestine; Debir. - - x-pn
- H1719 דְּדָן - 1719 דְּדָן - דְּדָן - - Dᵉdân - ded-awn' - or (prolonged) דְּדָנֶה; (Ezekiel 25:13), of uncertain derivation; Dedan, the name of two Cushites and of their territory; Dedan. - - x-pn
- בִּירָנִית - בִּירָנִית - H1003 1003 - bee-raw-neeth' - bîyrânîyth - from H1002 (בִּירָה); - a fortress - castle.
- בֵּית־גָּדֵר - בֵּית־גָּדֵר - H1013 1013 - bayth-gaw-dare' - Bêyth-Gâdêr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H1447 (גָּדֵר); house of (the) wall; - Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine - Beth-gader.
- בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - H1023 1023 - bayth ham-mer-khawk' - Bêyth ham-Merchâq - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4801 (מֶרְחָק) with the article interposed; house of the breadth; - Beth-ham-Merchak, a place in Palestine - place that was far off.
- אָגַר - אָגַר - H103 103 - aw-gar' - ʼâgar - a primitive root; - to harvest - gather.
- בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - H1030 1030 - bayth hash-shim-shee' - Bêyth hash-Shimshîy - patrial from H1053 (בֵּית שֶׁמֶשׁ) with the article inserted; - a Beth-shimshite, or inhabitant of Bethshemesh - Bethshemite.
- בֵּית חׇגְלָה - בֵּית חׇגְלָה - H1031 1031 - bayth chog-law' - Bêyth Choglâh - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the same as H2295 (חׇגְלָה); house of a partridge; - Beth-Choglah, a place in Palestine - Beth-hoglah.
- בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - H1032 1032 - bayth kho-rone' - Bêyth Chôwrôwn - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H2356 (חוֹר); house of hollowness; - Beth-Choron, the name of two adjoining places in Palestine - Beth-horon.
- בֵּית כַּר - בֵּית כַּר - H1033 1033 - bayth kar - Bêyth Kar - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3733 (כַּר); house of pasture; - Beth-Car, a place in Palestine - Beth-car.
- בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - H1034 1034 - bayth leb-aw-oth' - Bêyth Lᵉbâʼôwth - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the plural of H3833 (לָבִיא); house of lionesses; - Beth-Lebaoth, a place in Palestine - Beth-lebaoth. Compare H3822 (לְבָאוֹת).
- בֵּית לֶחֶם - בֵּית לֶחֶם - H1035 1035 - bayth leh'-khem - Bêyth Lechem - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3899 (לֶחֶם); house of bread; - Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine - Bethlehem.
- Matthew 6:32 - (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
ΓΆΡ ἘΠΙΖΗΤΈΩ ΠᾶΣ ΤΑῦΤΑ ἜΘΝΟΣ ἘΠΙΖΗΤΈΩ ΓΆΡ ὙΜῶΝ ΟὐΡΆΝΙΟΣ ΠΑΤΉΡ ΕἼΔΩ ὍΤΙ ΧΡῄΖΩ ἍΠΑΣ ΤΟΎΤΩΝ
- Romans 9:11 - (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
ΓΆΡ ΓΕΝΝΆΩ ΜΉΠΩ ΓΕΝΝΆΩ ΜΗΔΈ ΠΡΆΣΣΩ ΤῚΣ ἈΓΑΘΌΣ Ἤ ΚΑΚΌΣ ἽΝΑ ΠΡΌΘΕΣΙΣ ΘΕΌΣ ΚΑΤΆ ἘΚΛΟΓΉ ΜΈΝΩ Οὐ ἘΚ ἜΡΓΟΝ ἈΛΛΆ ἘΚ ΚΑΛΈΩ
- 2 Corinthians 9:9 - (As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
ΚΑΘΏΣ ΓΡΆΦΩ ΣΚΟΡΠΊΖΩ ΔΊΔΩΜΙ ΠΈΝΗΣ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΔΙΚΑΙΟΣΎΝΗ ΜΈΝΩ ΕἸΣ ΑἸΏΝ
- 1 Kings 22:4 - And he said unto Jehoshaphat, Wilt thou go with me to battle to Ramothgilead? And Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, I am as thou art, my people as thy people, my horses as thy horses.
אָמַר יְהוֹשָׁפָט יָלַךְ מִלְחָמָה גִּלְעָד רָמֹת גִּלעָד יְהוֹשָׁפָט אָמַר מֶלֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵל כְּמוֹ עַם עַם סוּס סוּס
- Mark 15:4 - And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
ΔΈ ΠΙΛᾶΤΟΣ ἘΠΕΡΩΤΆΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΠΆΛΙΝ ΛΈΓΩ ἈΠΟΚΡΊΝΟΜΑΙ ΟὐΔΕΊΣ Οὐ ἼΔΕ ΠΌΣΟΣ ΚΑΤΑΜΑΡΤΥΡΈΩ ΣΟῦ