Search:3 -> 3
- 3 #51 -
Random Sentences using:3
- Part - n. - Such portion of any quantity, as when taken a certain number of times, will exactly make that quantity; as, 3 is a part of 12; -- the opposite of multiple. Also, a line or other element of a geometrical figure.
- Ratio - n. - The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- Representative - a. - Giving, or existing as, a transcript of what was originally presentative knowledge; as, representative faculties; representative knowledge. See Presentative, 3 and Represent, 8.
- Flash - v. t. - To cover with a thin layer, as objects of glass with glass of a different color. See Flashing, n., 3 (b).
- Root - n. - That factor of a quantity which when multiplied into itself will produce that quantity; thus, 3 is a root of 9, because 3 multiplied into itself produces 9; 3 is the cube root of 27.
- Basement - a. - The outer wall of the ground story of a building, or of a part of that story, when treated as a distinct substructure. ( See Base, n., 3 (a).) Hence: The rooms of a ground floor, collectively.
- Draughts - n. pl. - A mild vesicatory. See Draught, n., 3 (c).
- Yakamilk - n. - See Trumpeter, 3 (a).
- Ergot - n. - See 2d Calcar, 3 (b).
- Sai - n. - See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Livery stable - - A stable where horses are kept for hire, and where stabling is provided. See Livery, n., 3 (e) (f) & (g).
- Vouch/or - n. - Same as Voucher, 3 (b).
- Intrusion - n. - The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
- Pee - n. - Bill of an anchor. See Peak, 3 (c).
- Met- - - That two replacing radicals, in the benzene nucleus, occupy the relative positions of 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 3 and 5, 4 and 6, 5 and 1, or 6 and 2; as, metacresol, etc. See Ortho-, and Para-.
- Three - n. - A symbol representing three units, as 3 or iii.
- Rudmasday - n. - Either of the feasts of the Holy Cross, occuring on May 3 and September 14, annually.
- Rundlet - n. - A small barrel of no certain dimensions. It may contain from 3 to 20 gallons, but it usually holds about 14/ gallons.
- Superpartient - a. - Of or pertaining to a ratio when the excess of the greater term over the less is more than a unit, as that of 3 to 5, or 7 to 10.
- Nones - n. pl. - The canonical office, being a part of the Breviary, recited at noon (formerly at the ninth hour, 3 P. M.) in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Weeper - n. - The capuchin. See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Poll - n. - The European chub. See Pollard, 3 (a).
- Cullet - n. - A small central plane in the back of a cut gem. See Collet, 3 (b).
- Dulcamara - n. - A plant (Solanum Dulcamara). See Bittersweet, n., 3 (a).
- Nucellus - n. - See Nucleus, 3 (a).
- G1238 διάδημα - 1238 διάδημα from a compound of διά and δέω; a "diadem" (as bound about the head):--crown. Compare στέφανος.
- G253 ἀλυπότερος - 253 ἀλυπότερος comparative of a compound of Α (as a negative particle) and λύπη; more without grief:--less sorrowful.
- H1324 בַּת - 1324 בַּת probably from the same as בַּתָּה; a bath or Hebrew measure (as a means of division) of liquids; bath.
- H6391 פְּלֻגָּה - 6391 פְּלֻגָּה from פָּלַג; a section; division.
- H1131 בִּנּוּי - 1131 בִּנּוּי from בָּנָה; built up; Binnui, an Israelite; Binnui.
- H5136 נוּשׁ - 5136 נוּשׁ a primitive root; to be sick, i.e. (figuratively) distressed; be full of heaviness.
- H4539 מָסָךְ - 4539 מָסָךְ from סָכַךְ; a cover, i.e. veil; covering, curtain, hanging.
- H3194 יֻטָּה - 3194 יֻטָּה or יוּטָה; from נָטָה; extended; Juttah (or Jutah), a place in Palestine; Juttah.
- H7023 קִיר - 7023 קִיר or קִר; (Isaiah 22:5), or (feminine) קִירָה; from קוּר; a wall (as built in a trench); [phrase] mason, side, town, [idiom] very, wall.
- G320 ἀνάγνωσις - 320 ἀνάγνωσις from ἀναγινώσκω; (the act of) reading:--reading.
- G5371 Φιλήμων - 5371 Φιλήμων from φιλέω; friendly; Philemon, a Christian:--Philemon.
- H1337 בַּת רַבִּים - 1337 בַּת רַבִּים from בַּת and a masculine plural from רַב; the daughter (i.e. city) of Rabbah; Bath-rabbim.
- H2923 טְלָאִים - 2923 טְלָאִים from the plural of טְלָא; lambs; Telaim, a place in Palestine; Telaim.
- H4732 מִקְלוֹת - 4732 מִקְלוֹת (or perhaps mik-kel-ohth') plural of (feminine) מַקֵּל; rods; Mikloth, a place in the Desert; Mikloth.
- G2372 θυμός - 2372 θυμός from θύω; passion (as if breathing hard):--fierceness, indignation, wrath. Compare ψυχή.
- H3644 כְּמוֹ - 3644 כְּמוֹ or כָּמוֹ; (compare כֵּן); a form of the prefix 'k-', but used separately as, thus, so; according to, (such) as (it were, well as), in comparison of, like (as, to, unto), thus, when, worth.
- H5396 נִשְׁמָא - 5396 נִשְׁמָא (Aramaic) corresponding to נְשָׁמָה; vital breath; breath.
- G4316 προσαγορεύω - 4316 προσαγορεύω from πρός and a derivative of ἀγορά (mean to harangue); to address, i.e. salute by name:--call.
- G3951 παροτρύνω - 3951 παροτρύνω from παρά and (to spur); to urge along, i.e. stimulate (to hostility):--stir up.
- G3787 ὀφθαλμοδουλεία - 3787 ὀφθαλμοδουλεία from ὀφθαλμός and δουλεία; sight-labor, i.e. that needs watching (remissness):--eye-service.
- G3796 ὀψέ - 3796 ὀψέ from the same as ὀπίσω (through the idea of backwardness); (adverbially) late in the day; by extension, after the close of the day:--(at) even, in the end.
- G3369 μηδέπω - 3369 μηδέπω from μηδέ and -πω; not even yet:--not yet.
- H6327 פּוּץ - 6327 פּוּץ a primitive root; to dash in pieces, literally or figuratively (especially to disperse); break (dash, shake) in (to) pieces, cast (abroad), disperse (selves), drive, retire, scatter (abroad), spread abroad.
- H7337 רָחַב - 7337 רָחַב a primitive root; to broaden (intransitive or transitive, literal or figurative); be an en-(make) large(-ing), make room, make (open) wide.
- H3336 יֵצֶר - 3336 יֵצֶר from יָצַר; a form; figuratively, conception (i.e. purpose); frame, thing framed, imagination, mind, work.
- H5526 סָכַךְ - 5526 סָכַךְ - סָכַךְ - - çâkak - saw-kak' - or שָׂכַךְ; (Exodus 33:22), a primitive root; properly, to entwine as ascreen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect; cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up. - Verb - heb
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5607 סֵפֶק - 5607 סֵפֶק - סֵפֶק - - çêpheq - say'-fek - or שֶׂפֶק; (Job 20:22; Job 36:18), from סָפַק; chastisement; also satiety; stroke, sufficiency. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5643 סֵתֶר - 5643 סֵתֶר - סֵתֶר - - çêther - say'-ther - or (feminine) סִתְרָה; (Deuteronomy [32:38), from סָתַר; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense); backbiting, covering, covert, [idiom] disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place). - - heb
- H5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - 5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - - çûwmᵉpôwnᵉyâh - soom-po-neh-yaw' - (Aramaic) or סוּמְפֹּנְיָה; (Aramaic), or סִיפֹנְיָא; (Daniel 3:10) (Aramaic), of Greek origin; a bagpipe (with a double pipe); dulcimer. - Noun Feminine - arc
- H5857 עַי - 5857 עַי - עַי - - ʻAy - ah'ee - or (feminine) עַיָּא; (Nehemiah 11:31), or עַיָּת; (Isaiah 10:28), for עִי; Ai, Aja or Ajath, a place in Palestine; Ai, Aija, Aijath, Hai. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5867 עֵילָם - 5867 עֵילָם - עֵילָם - - ʻÊylâm - ay-lawm' - or עוֹלָם; (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36), probably from עָלַם; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites; Elam. - - x-pn
- H5879 עֵינַיִם - 5879 עֵינַיִם - עֵינַיִם - - ʻÊynayim - ay-nah'-yim - or עֵינָם; dual of עַיִן; double fountain; Enajim or Enam, a place in Palestine; Enaim, openly (Genesis 38:21). - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5833 עֶזְרָה - 5833 עֶזְרָה - עֶזְרָה - - ʻezrâh - ez-raw' - or עֶזְרָת; (Psalm 60:11 (13); Psalm 108:12 (13)), feminine of עֵזֶר; aid; help(-ed, -er). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H539 אָמַן - 539 אָמַן - אָמַן - - ʼâman - aw-man' - a primitive root; (Isaiah 30:21; interchangeable with אָמַן, to go to the right hand); properly, to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain; hence, assurance, believe, bring up, establish, [phrase] fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right. - Verb - heb
- H165 אֱהִי - 165 אֱהִי - אֱהִי - - ʼĕhîy - e-hee' - apparently an orthographical variation for אַיֵּה; where; I will be (Hosea 13:10,14) (which is often the rendering of the same Hebrew form from הָיָה). - Adverb - heb
- H672 אֶפְרָת - 672 אֶפְרָת - אֶפְרָת - - ʼEphrâth - ef-rawth' - or אֶפְרָתָה; from פָּרָה; fruitfulness; Ephrath, another name for Bethlehem; once (Psalm 132:6) perhaps for Ephraim; also of an Israelitish woman; Ephrath, Ephratah. - - x-pn
- H336 אִי - 336 אִי - אִי - - ʼîy - ee - lemma אי missing vowel, corrected to אִי; probably identical with אַי (through the idea of a query); not; island (Job 22:30). - Adverb - heb
- H381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - 381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - אִישׁ־חַיִל - - ʼÎysh-Chayil - eesh-khah'-yil - from אִישׁ and חַיִל; man of might; by defective transcription (2 Samuel 23:20) אִישׁ־חַיxlit ʼÎsh-Chay corrected to ʼÎysh-Chay; as if from אִישׁ and חַי; living man; Ishchail (or Ish-chai), an Israelite; a valiant man. - Noun Masculine - x-pn
- H176 אוֹ - 176 אוֹ - אוֹ - - ʼôw - o - presumed to be the 'constructive' or genitival form of אַו ; short for אַוָּה; desire (and so probably in Proverbs 31:4); hence (by way of alternative) or, also if; also, and, either, if, at the least, [idiom] nor, or, otherwise, then, whether. - - heb
- H1262 בָּרָה - 1262 בָּרָה - בָּרָה - - bârâh - baw-raw' - a primitive root; to select; also (as denominative from בָּר) to feed; also (as equivalent to בָּרַר) to render clear (Ecclesiastes 3:18); to select; to feed; to render clear; choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat. - Verb - heb
- H1760 דָּחָה - 1760 דָּחָה - דָּחָה - - dâchâh - daw-khaw' - or דָּחַח; (Jeremiah 23:12), a primitive root; to push down; chase, drive away (on), overthrow, outcast, [idiom] sore, thrust, totter. - Verb - heb
- H1709 דָּג - 1709 דָּג - דָּג - - dâg - dawg - or (fully) דָּאג; (Nehemiah 13:16), from דָּגָה; a fish (as prolific); or perhaps rather from דָּאַג (as timid); but still better from דָּאַג (in the sense of squirming, i.e. moving by the vibratory action of the tail); a fish (often used collectively); fish. - Noun Masculine - heb
- G1163 δεῖ - 1163 δεῖ - ΔΕῖ - - deî - die - 3rd person singular active present of δέω; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):--behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need(-ful), ought, should. - Verb - greek
- H1817 דֶּלֶת - 1817 דֶּלֶת - דֶּלֶת - - deleth - deh'-leth - from דָּלָה; something swinging, i.e. the valve of adoor; door (two-leaved), gate, leaf, lid. (Psalm 141:3). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H1777 דִּין - 1777 דִּין - דִּין - - dîyn - deen - or (Genesis 6:3) דּוּן; a primitive root; a straight course, i.e. sail direct; (come) with a straight course. - Verb - heb
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1688 דְּבִיר - 1688 דְּבִיר - דְּבִיר - - Dᵉbîyr - deb-eer' - or (shortened) דְּבִר; (Joshua 13:26 (but see לֹא דְבַר)), the same as דְּבִיר; Debir, the name of an Amoritish king and of two places in Palestine; Debir. - - x-pn
- H1719 דְּדָן - 1719 דְּדָן - דְּדָן - - Dᵉdân - ded-awn' - or (prolonged) דְּדָנֶה; (Ezekiel 25:13), of uncertain derivation; Dedan, the name of two Cushites and of their territory; Dedan. - - x-pn
- בִּירָנִית - בִּירָנִית - H1003 1003 - bee-raw-neeth' - bîyrânîyth - from H1002 (בִּירָה); - a fortress - castle.
- בֵּית־גָּדֵר - בֵּית־גָּדֵר - H1013 1013 - bayth-gaw-dare' - Bêyth-Gâdêr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H1447 (גָּדֵר); house of (the) wall; - Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine - Beth-gader.
- בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - H1023 1023 - bayth ham-mer-khawk' - Bêyth ham-Merchâq - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4801 (מֶרְחָק) with the article interposed; house of the breadth; - Beth-ham-Merchak, a place in Palestine - place that was far off.
- אָגַר - אָגַר - H103 103 - aw-gar' - ʼâgar - a primitive root; - to harvest - gather.
- בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - H1030 1030 - bayth hash-shim-shee' - Bêyth hash-Shimshîy - patrial from H1053 (בֵּית שֶׁמֶשׁ) with the article inserted; - a Beth-shimshite, or inhabitant of Bethshemesh - Bethshemite.
- בֵּית חׇגְלָה - בֵּית חׇגְלָה - H1031 1031 - bayth chog-law' - Bêyth Choglâh - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the same as H2295 (חׇגְלָה); house of a partridge; - Beth-Choglah, a place in Palestine - Beth-hoglah.
- בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - H1032 1032 - bayth kho-rone' - Bêyth Chôwrôwn - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H2356 (חוֹר); house of hollowness; - Beth-Choron, the name of two adjoining places in Palestine - Beth-horon.
- בֵּית כַּר - בֵּית כַּר - H1033 1033 - bayth kar - Bêyth Kar - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3733 (כַּר); house of pasture; - Beth-Car, a place in Palestine - Beth-car.
- בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - H1034 1034 - bayth leb-aw-oth' - Bêyth Lᵉbâʼôwth - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the plural of H3833 (לָבִיא); house of lionesses; - Beth-Lebaoth, a place in Palestine - Beth-lebaoth. Compare H3822 (לְבָאוֹת).
- בֵּית לֶחֶם - בֵּית לֶחֶם - H1035 1035 - bayth leh'-khem - Bêyth Lechem - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3899 (לֶחֶם); house of bread; - Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine - Bethlehem.
- Romans 4:17 - (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
ΚΑΘΏΣ ΓΡΆΦΩ ὍΤΙ ΤΊΘΗΜΙ ΣΈ ΠΑΤΉΡ ΠΟΛΎΣ ἜΘΝΟΣ ΚΑΤΈΝΑΝΤΙ ὍΣ ΠΙΣΤΕΎΩ ΘΕΌΣ ΖΩΟΠΟΙΈΩ ΝΕΚΡΌΣ ΚΑΊ ΚΑΛΈΩ ὬΝ ΜΉ ὩΣ ὬΝ
- Deuteronomy 20:8 - And the officers shall speak further unto the people, and they shall say, What man is there that is fearful and fainthearted? let him go and return unto his house, lest his brethren's heart faint as well as his heart.
שֹׁטֵר דָבַר יָסַף עַם אָמַר אִישׁ יָרֵא לֵבָב רַךְ יָלַךְ שׁוּב בַּיִת אָח לֵבָב מָסַס לֵבָב
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 - (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
ΓΆΡ ΛΈΓΩ ἘΠΑΚΟΎΩ ΣΟῦ ΚΑΙΡΌΣ ΔΕΚΤΌΣ ΚΑΊ ἘΝ ἩΜΈΡΑ ΣΩΤΗΡΊΑ ΒΟΗΘΈΩ ΣΟΊ ἸΔΟΎ ΝῦΝ ΕὐΠΡΌΣΔΕΚΤΟΣ ΚΑΙΡΌΣ ἸΔΟΎ ΝῦΝ ἩΜΈΡΑ ΣΩΤΗΡΊΑ
- Luke 2:23 - (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
ΚΑΘΏΣ ΓΡΆΦΩ ἘΝ ΝΌΜΟΣ ΚΎΡΙΟΣ ὍΤΙ ΠᾶΣ ἌῤῬΗΝ ΔΙΑΝΟΊΓΩ ΜΉΤΡΑ ΚΑΛΈΩ ἍΓΙΟΣ ΚΎΡΙΟΣ
- Romans 2:13 - (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
ΓΆΡ Οὐ ἈΚΡΟΑΤΉΣ ΝΌΜΟΣ ΔΊΚΑΙΟΣ ΠΑΡΆ ΘΕΌΣ ἈΛΛΆ ΠΟΙΗΤΉΣ ΝΌΜΟΣ ΔΙΚΑΙΌΩ