Search:3 -> 3
- 3 #51 -
Random Sentences using:3
- Representative - a. - Giving, or existing as, a transcript of what was originally presentative knowledge; as, representative faculties; representative knowledge. See Presentative, 3 and Represent, 8.
- Nones - n. pl. - The canonical office, being a part of the Breviary, recited at noon (formerly at the ninth hour, 3 P. M.) in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Three - n. - A symbol representing three units, as 3 or iii.
- Draughts - n. pl. - A mild vesicatory. See Draught, n., 3 (c).
- Dulcamara - n. - A plant (Solanum Dulcamara). See Bittersweet, n., 3 (a).
- Cullet - n. - A small central plane in the back of a cut gem. See Collet, 3 (b).
- Part - n. - Such portion of any quantity, as when taken a certain number of times, will exactly make that quantity; as, 3 is a part of 12; -- the opposite of multiple. Also, a line or other element of a geometrical figure.
- Ratio - n. - The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- Ergot - n. - See 2d Calcar, 3 (b).
- Intrusion - n. - The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
- Waive - v. t. - A woman put out of the protection of the law. See Waive, v. t., 3 (b), and the Note.
- Superpartient - a. - Of or pertaining to a ratio when the excess of the greater term over the less is more than a unit, as that of 3 to 5, or 7 to 10.
- Livery stable - - A stable where horses are kept for hire, and where stabling is provided. See Livery, n., 3 (e) (f) & (g).
- Yakamilk - n. - See Trumpeter, 3 (a).
- Velum - n. - See Veil, n., 3 (b).
- Basement - a. - The outer wall of the ground story of a building, or of a part of that story, when treated as a distinct substructure. ( See Base, n., 3 (a).) Hence: The rooms of a ground floor, collectively.
- Rundlet - n. - A small barrel of no certain dimensions. It may contain from 3 to 20 gallons, but it usually holds about 14/ gallons.
- Root - n. - That factor of a quantity which when multiplied into itself will produce that quantity; thus, 3 is a root of 9, because 3 multiplied into itself produces 9; 3 is the cube root of 27.
- Vouch/or - n. - Same as Voucher, 3 (b).
- Throttler - n. - See Flasher, 3 (b).
- Para- - - A prefix denoting: (a) Likeness, similarity, or connection, or that the substance resembles, but is distinct from, that to the name of which it is prefixed; as paraldehyde, paraconine, etc.; also, an isomeric modification. (b) Specifically: (Organ. Chem.) That two groups or radicals substituted in the benzene nucleus are opposite, or in the respective positions 1 and 4; 2 and 5; or 3 and 6, as paraxylene; paroxybenzoic acid. Cf. Ortho-, and Meta-. Also used adjectively.
- Rudmasday - n. - Either of the feasts of the Holy Cross, occuring on May 3 and September 14, annually.
- Flash - v. t. - To cover with a thin layer, as objects of glass with glass of a different color. See Flashing, n., 3 (b).
- Fine - v. i. - To pay a fine. See Fine, n., 3 (b).
- Weeper - n. - The capuchin. See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- H932 בֹּהַן - 932 בֹּהַן an orthographical variation of בֹּהֶן; thumb, Bohan, an Israelite; Bohan.
- G3646 ὁλοκαύτωμα - 3646 ὁλοκαύτωμα from a derivative of a compound of ὅλος and a derivative of καίω; a wholly-consumed sacrifice ("holocaust"):--(whole) burnt offering.
- H3989 מַאֲפֶה - 3989 מַאֲפֶה from אָפָה; something baked, i.e. a batch; baken.
- G3340 μετανοέω - 3340 μετανοέω from μετά and νοιέω; to think differently or afterwards, i.e. reconsider (morally, feel compunction):--repent.
- H7136 קָרָה - 7136 קָרָה a primitive root; to light upon (chiefly by accident); causatively, to bring about; specifically, to impose timbers (for roof or floor); appoint, lay (make) beams, befall, bring, come (to pass unto), floor, (hap) was, happen (unto), meet, send good speed.
- H2173 זִמְרָה - 2173 זִמְרָה from זָמַר; pruned (i.e. choice) fruit; best fruit.
- H8317 שָׁרַץ - 8317 שָׁרַץ a primitive root; to wriggle, i.e. (by implication) swarm or abound; breed (bring forth, increase) abundantly (in abundance), creep, move.
- H3015 יָגוֹן - 3015 יָגוֹן from יָגָה; affliction; grief, sorrow.
- G2603 καταβραβεύω - 2603 καταβραβεύω from κατά and βραβεύω (in its original sense); to award the price against, i.e. (figuratively) to defraud (of salvation):--beguile of reward.
- H3616 כָּלֶה - 3616 כָּלֶה from כָּלָה; pining; fail.
- G355 ἀναλίσκω - 355 ἀναλίσκω from ἀνά and a form of the alternate of αἱρέομαι; properly, to use up, i.e. destroy:--consume.
- G3172 μεγαλωσύνη - 3172 μεγαλωσύνη from μέγας; greatness, i.e. (figuratively) divinity (often God himself):--majesty.
- H7316 רוּמָה - 7316 רוּמָה from רוּם; height; Rumah, a place in Palestine; Rumah.
- H8634 תַּרְאֲלָה - 8634 תַּרְאֲלָה probably for תַּרְעֵלָה; a reeling; Taralah, a place in Palestine; Taralah.
- G3120 μαλακός - 3120 μαλακός of uncertain affinity; soft, i.e. fine (clothing); figuratively, a catamite:--effeminate, soft.
- G4303 προμαρτύρομαι - 4303 προμαρτύρομαι from πρό and μαρτύρομαι; to be a witness in advance i.e. predict:--testify beforehand.
- H1335 בֶּתֶר - 1335 בֶּתֶר from בָּתַר; a section; part, piece.
- H1683 דְּבּוֹרָה - 1683 דְּבּוֹרָה or (shortened) דְּבֹרָה; the same as דְּבוֹרָה; Deborah, the name of two Hebrewesses; Deborah.
- G1324 Δίδυμος - 1324 Δίδυμος prolongation from δίς; double, i.e. twin; Didymus, a Christian:--Didymus.
- H6183 עָרִיף - 6183 עָרִיף from עָרַף; the sky (as dropping at the horizon); heaven.
- H3365 יָקַר - 3365 יָקַר a primitive root; properly, apparently, to be heavy, i.e. (figuratively) valuable; causatively, to make rare (figuratively, to inhibit); be (make) precious, be prized, be set by, withdraw.
- G5349 φθαρτός - 5349 φθαρτός from φθείρω; decayed, i.e. (by implication) perishable:--corruptible.
- H7503 רָפָה - 7503 רָפָה a primitive root; to slacken (in many applications, literal or figurative); abate, cease, consume, draw (toward evening), fail, (be) faint, be (wax) feeble, forsake, idle, leave, let alone (go, down), (be) slack, stay, be still, be slothful, (be) weak(-en). See רָפָא.
- G2350 θορυβέω - 2350 θορυβέω from θόρυβος; to be in tumult, i.e. disturb, clamor:--make ado (a noise), trouble self, set on an uproar.
- H3551 כַּו - 3551 כַּו (Aramaic) from a root corresponding to לַהַג in the sense of piercing; a window (as a perforation); window.
- H5526 סָכַךְ - 5526 סָכַךְ - סָכַךְ - - çâkak - saw-kak' - or שָׂכַךְ; (Exodus 33:22), a primitive root; properly, to entwine as ascreen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect; cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up. - Verb - heb
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5607 סֵפֶק - 5607 סֵפֶק - סֵפֶק - - çêpheq - say'-fek - or שֶׂפֶק; (Job 20:22; Job 36:18), from סָפַק; chastisement; also satiety; stroke, sufficiency. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5643 סֵתֶר - 5643 סֵתֶר - סֵתֶר - - çêther - say'-ther - or (feminine) סִתְרָה; (Deuteronomy [32:38), from סָתַר; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense); backbiting, covering, covert, [idiom] disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place). - - heb
- H5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - 5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - - çûwmᵉpôwnᵉyâh - soom-po-neh-yaw' - (Aramaic) or סוּמְפֹּנְיָה; (Aramaic), or סִיפֹנְיָא; (Daniel 3:10) (Aramaic), of Greek origin; a bagpipe (with a double pipe); dulcimer. - Noun Feminine - arc
- H5857 עַי - 5857 עַי - עַי - - ʻAy - ah'ee - or (feminine) עַיָּא; (Nehemiah 11:31), or עַיָּת; (Isaiah 10:28), for עִי; Ai, Aja or Ajath, a place in Palestine; Ai, Aija, Aijath, Hai. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5867 עֵילָם - 5867 עֵילָם - עֵילָם - - ʻÊylâm - ay-lawm' - or עוֹלָם; (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36), probably from עָלַם; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites; Elam. - - x-pn
- H5879 עֵינַיִם - 5879 עֵינַיִם - עֵינַיִם - - ʻÊynayim - ay-nah'-yim - or עֵינָם; dual of עַיִן; double fountain; Enajim or Enam, a place in Palestine; Enaim, openly (Genesis 38:21). - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5833 עֶזְרָה - 5833 עֶזְרָה - עֶזְרָה - - ʻezrâh - ez-raw' - or עֶזְרָת; (Psalm 60:11 (13); Psalm 108:12 (13)), feminine of עֵזֶר; aid; help(-ed, -er). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H539 אָמַן - 539 אָמַן - אָמַן - - ʼâman - aw-man' - a primitive root; (Isaiah 30:21; interchangeable with אָמַן, to go to the right hand); properly, to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain; hence, assurance, believe, bring up, establish, [phrase] fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right. - Verb - heb
- H165 אֱהִי - 165 אֱהִי - אֱהִי - - ʼĕhîy - e-hee' - apparently an orthographical variation for אַיֵּה; where; I will be (Hosea 13:10,14) (which is often the rendering of the same Hebrew form from הָיָה). - Adverb - heb
- H672 אֶפְרָת - 672 אֶפְרָת - אֶפְרָת - - ʼEphrâth - ef-rawth' - or אֶפְרָתָה; from פָּרָה; fruitfulness; Ephrath, another name for Bethlehem; once (Psalm 132:6) perhaps for Ephraim; also of an Israelitish woman; Ephrath, Ephratah. - - x-pn
- H336 אִי - 336 אִי - אִי - - ʼîy - ee - lemma אי missing vowel, corrected to אִי; probably identical with אַי (through the idea of a query); not; island (Job 22:30). - Adverb - heb
- H381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - 381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - אִישׁ־חַיִל - - ʼÎysh-Chayil - eesh-khah'-yil - from אִישׁ and חַיִל; man of might; by defective transcription (2 Samuel 23:20) אִישׁ־חַיxlit ʼÎsh-Chay corrected to ʼÎysh-Chay; as if from אִישׁ and חַי; living man; Ishchail (or Ish-chai), an Israelite; a valiant man. - Noun Masculine - x-pn
- H176 אוֹ - 176 אוֹ - אוֹ - - ʼôw - o - presumed to be the 'constructive' or genitival form of אַו ; short for אַוָּה; desire (and so probably in Proverbs 31:4); hence (by way of alternative) or, also if; also, and, either, if, at the least, [idiom] nor, or, otherwise, then, whether. - - heb
- H1262 בָּרָה - 1262 בָּרָה - בָּרָה - - bârâh - baw-raw' - a primitive root; to select; also (as denominative from בָּר) to feed; also (as equivalent to בָּרַר) to render clear (Ecclesiastes 3:18); to select; to feed; to render clear; choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat. - Verb - heb
- H1760 דָּחָה - 1760 דָּחָה - דָּחָה - - dâchâh - daw-khaw' - or דָּחַח; (Jeremiah 23:12), a primitive root; to push down; chase, drive away (on), overthrow, outcast, [idiom] sore, thrust, totter. - Verb - heb
- H1709 דָּג - 1709 דָּג - דָּג - - dâg - dawg - or (fully) דָּאג; (Nehemiah 13:16), from דָּגָה; a fish (as prolific); or perhaps rather from דָּאַג (as timid); but still better from דָּאַג (in the sense of squirming, i.e. moving by the vibratory action of the tail); a fish (often used collectively); fish. - Noun Masculine - heb
- G1163 δεῖ - 1163 δεῖ - ΔΕῖ - - deî - die - 3rd person singular active present of δέω; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):--behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need(-ful), ought, should. - Verb - greek
- H1817 דֶּלֶת - 1817 דֶּלֶת - דֶּלֶת - - deleth - deh'-leth - from דָּלָה; something swinging, i.e. the valve of adoor; door (two-leaved), gate, leaf, lid. (Psalm 141:3). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H1777 דִּין - 1777 דִּין - דִּין - - dîyn - deen - or (Genesis 6:3) דּוּן; a primitive root; a straight course, i.e. sail direct; (come) with a straight course. - Verb - heb
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1688 דְּבִיר - 1688 דְּבִיר - דְּבִיר - - Dᵉbîyr - deb-eer' - or (shortened) דְּבִר; (Joshua 13:26 (but see לֹא דְבַר)), the same as דְּבִיר; Debir, the name of an Amoritish king and of two places in Palestine; Debir. - - x-pn
- H1719 דְּדָן - 1719 דְּדָן - דְּדָן - - Dᵉdân - ded-awn' - or (prolonged) דְּדָנֶה; (Ezekiel 25:13), of uncertain derivation; Dedan, the name of two Cushites and of their territory; Dedan. - - x-pn
- בִּירָנִית - בִּירָנִית - H1003 1003 - bee-raw-neeth' - bîyrânîyth - from H1002 (בִּירָה); - a fortress - castle.
- בֵּית־גָּדֵר - בֵּית־גָּדֵר - H1013 1013 - bayth-gaw-dare' - Bêyth-Gâdêr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H1447 (גָּדֵר); house of (the) wall; - Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine - Beth-gader.
- בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - H1023 1023 - bayth ham-mer-khawk' - Bêyth ham-Merchâq - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4801 (מֶרְחָק) with the article interposed; house of the breadth; - Beth-ham-Merchak, a place in Palestine - place that was far off.
- אָגַר - אָגַר - H103 103 - aw-gar' - ʼâgar - a primitive root; - to harvest - gather.
- בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - H1030 1030 - bayth hash-shim-shee' - Bêyth hash-Shimshîy - patrial from H1053 (בֵּית שֶׁמֶשׁ) with the article inserted; - a Beth-shimshite, or inhabitant of Bethshemesh - Bethshemite.
- בֵּית חׇגְלָה - בֵּית חׇגְלָה - H1031 1031 - bayth chog-law' - Bêyth Choglâh - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the same as H2295 (חׇגְלָה); house of a partridge; - Beth-Choglah, a place in Palestine - Beth-hoglah.
- בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - H1032 1032 - bayth kho-rone' - Bêyth Chôwrôwn - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H2356 (חוֹר); house of hollowness; - Beth-Choron, the name of two adjoining places in Palestine - Beth-horon.
- בֵּית כַּר - בֵּית כַּר - H1033 1033 - bayth kar - Bêyth Kar - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3733 (כַּר); house of pasture; - Beth-Car, a place in Palestine - Beth-car.
- בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - H1034 1034 - bayth leb-aw-oth' - Bêyth Lᵉbâʼôwth - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the plural of H3833 (לָבִיא); house of lionesses; - Beth-Lebaoth, a place in Palestine - Beth-lebaoth. Compare H3822 (לְבָאוֹת).
- בֵּית לֶחֶם - בֵּית לֶחֶם - H1035 1035 - bayth leh'-khem - Bêyth Lechem - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3899 (לֶחֶם); house of bread; - Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine - Bethlehem.
- Philippians 3:18 - (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
ΓΆΡ ΠΟΛΎΣ ΠΕΡΙΠΑΤΈΩ ὍΣ ΛΈΓΩ ὙΜῖΝ ΠΟΛΛΆΚΙΣ ΔΈ ΝῦΝ ΛΈΓΩ ΚΑΊ ΚΛΑΊΩ ἘΧΘΡΌΣ ΣΤΑΥΡΌΣ ΧΡΙΣΤΌΣ
- 2 Chronicles 18:19 - And the LORD said, Who shall entice Ahab king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one spake saying after this manner, and another saying after that manner.
יְהֹוָה אָמַר פָּתָה אַחְאָב מֶלֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵל עָלָה נָפַל גִּלְעָד רָמֹת גִּלעָד אָמַר אָמַר כָּכָה אָמַר כָּכָה
- Luke 2:23 - (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)
ΚΑΘΏΣ ΓΡΆΦΩ ἘΝ ΝΌΜΟΣ ΚΎΡΙΟΣ ὍΤΙ ΠᾶΣ ἌῤῬΗΝ ΔΙΑΝΟΊΓΩ ΜΉΤΡΑ ΚΑΛΈΩ ἍΓΙΟΣ ΚΎΡΙΟΣ
- 2 Corinthians 10:4 - (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
ΓΆΡ ὍΠΛΟΝ ἩΜῶΝ ΣΤΡΑΤΕΊΑ Οὐ ΣΑΡΚΙΚΌΣ ἈΛΛΆ ΔΥΝΑΤΌΣ ΘΕΌΣ ΠΡΌΣ ΚΑΘΑΊΡΕΣΙΣ ὈΧΎΡΩΜΑ
- Exodus 5:14 - And the officers of the children of Israel, which Pharaoh's taskmasters had set over them, were beaten, and demanded, Wherefore have ye not fulfilled your task in making brick both yesterday and to day, as heretofore?
שֹׁטֵר בֵּן יִשְׂרָאֵל פַּרְעֹה נָגַשׂ שׂוּם נָכָה אָמַר כָּלָה חֹק לָבַן תְּמוֹל יוֹם תְּמוֹל שִׁלְשׁוֹם