Search:3 -> 3
- 3 #51 -
Random Sentences using:3
- Pee - n. - Bill of an anchor. See Peak, 3 (c).
- Met- - - That two replacing radicals, in the benzene nucleus, occupy the relative positions of 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 3 and 5, 4 and 6, 5 and 1, or 6 and 2; as, metacresol, etc. See Ortho-, and Para-.
- Three - n. - A symbol representing three units, as 3 or iii.
- Basement - a. - The outer wall of the ground story of a building, or of a part of that story, when treated as a distinct substructure. ( See Base, n., 3 (a).) Hence: The rooms of a ground floor, collectively.
- Dulcamara - n. - A plant (Solanum Dulcamara). See Bittersweet, n., 3 (a).
- Nones - n. pl. - The canonical office, being a part of the Breviary, recited at noon (formerly at the ninth hour, 3 P. M.) in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Throttler - n. - See Flasher, 3 (b).
- Intrusion - n. - The settlement of a minister over 3 congregation without their consent.
- Ratio - n. - The relation which one quantity or magnitude has to another of the same kind. It is expressed by the quotient of the division of the first by the second; thus, the ratio of 3 to 6 is expressed by / or /; of a to b by a/b; or (less commonly) the second term is made the dividend; as, a:b = b/a.
- Sai - n. - See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Draughts - n. pl. - A mild vesicatory. See Draught, n., 3 (c).
- Poll - n. - The European chub. See Pollard, 3 (a).
- Part - n. - Such portion of any quantity, as when taken a certain number of times, will exactly make that quantity; as, 3 is a part of 12; -- the opposite of multiple. Also, a line or other element of a geometrical figure.
- Waive - v. t. - A woman put out of the protection of the law. See Waive, v. t., 3 (b), and the Note.
- Weeper - n. - The capuchin. See Capuchin, 3 (a).
- Nucellus - n. - See Nucleus, 3 (a).
- Fine - v. i. - To pay a fine. See Fine, n., 3 (b).
- Rudmasday - n. - Either of the feasts of the Holy Cross, occuring on May 3 and September 14, annually.
- Tunic - n. - See Mantle, n., 3 (a).
- Para- - - A prefix denoting: (a) Likeness, similarity, or connection, or that the substance resembles, but is distinct from, that to the name of which it is prefixed; as paraldehyde, paraconine, etc.; also, an isomeric modification. (b) Specifically: (Organ. Chem.) That two groups or radicals substituted in the benzene nucleus are opposite, or in the respective positions 1 and 4; 2 and 5; or 3 and 6, as paraxylene; paroxybenzoic acid. Cf. Ortho-, and Meta-. Also used adjectively.
- Root - n. - That factor of a quantity which when multiplied into itself will produce that quantity; thus, 3 is a root of 9, because 3 multiplied into itself produces 9; 3 is the cube root of 27.
- Yakamilk - n. - See Trumpeter, 3 (a).
- Flash - v. t. - To cover with a thin layer, as objects of glass with glass of a different color. See Flashing, n., 3 (b).
- Cullet - n. - A small central plane in the back of a cut gem. See Collet, 3 (b).
- Livery stable - - A stable where horses are kept for hire, and where stabling is provided. See Livery, n., 3 (e) (f) & (g).
- G388 ἀνασταυρόω - 388 ἀνασταυρόω from ἀνά and σταυρόω; to recrucify (figuratively):--crucify afresh.
- H3970 מַאֲוַי - 3970 מַאֲוַי from אָוָה; a desire; desire.
- G4503 Ῥούθ - 4503 Ῥούθ of Hebrew origin (רוּת); Ruth, a Moabitess:--Ruth.
- H1312 בִּשְׁלָם - 1312 בִּשְׁלָם of foreign derivation; Bishlam, a Persian; Bishlam.
- H5316 נֶפֶת - 5316 נֶפֶת for נָפָה; a height; country.
- H3949 לִקְחִי - 3949 לִקְחִי from לָקַח; learned; Likchi, an Israelite; Likhi.
- H7430 רָמַשׂ - 7430 רָמַשׂ a primitive root; properly, to glide swiftly, i.e. to crawl or move with short steps; by analogy to swarm; creep, move.
- G3421 μνημονεύω - 3421 μνημονεύω from a derivative of μνήμη; to exercise memory, i.e. recollect; by implication, to punish; also to rehearse:--make mention; be mindful, remember.
- H3953 לָקַשׁ - 3953 לָקַשׁ a primitive root; to gather the after crop; gather.
- G3163 μάχη - 3163 μάχη from μάχομαι; a battle, i.e. (figuratively) controversy:--fighting, strive, striving.
- H5343 נְקֵא - 5343 נְקֵא (Aramaic) from a root corresponding to נָקָה; clean; pure.
- H5753 עָוָה - 5753 עָוָה a primitive root; to crook, literally or figuratively; do amiss, bow down, make crooked, commit iniquity, pervert, (do) perverse(-ly), trouble, [idiom] turn, do wickedly, do wrong.
- H3532 כֶּבֶשׂ - 3532 כֶּבֶשׂ from an unused root meaning to dominate; a ram (just old enough to butt); lamb, sheep.
- H8630 תָּקַף - 8630 תָּקַף a primitive root; to overpower; prevail (against).
- H3171 יְחִיאֵל - 3171 יְחִיאֵל or (2 Chronicles 29:14) יְחַוְאֵל; from חָיָה and אֵל; God will live; Jechiel (or Jechavel), the name of eight Israelites; Jehiel.
- G3334 μετακινέω - 3334 μετακινέω from μετά and κινέω; to stir to a place elsewhere, i.e. remove (figuratively):--move away.
- H3228 יְמִינִי - 3228 יְמִינִי patronymically from יָמִין; a Jeminite (collectively) or descendants of Jamin; Jaminites. See also בֶּן־יְמִינִי.
- H345 אַיָּה - 345 אַיָּה the same as אַיָּה; Ajah, the name of two Israelites; Aiah, Ajah.
- H4723 מִקְוֶה - 4723 מִקְוֶה or מִקְוֵה; (1 Kings 10:28), or מִקְוֵאlemma מִּקְוֵא extra dagesh, corrected to מִקְוֵא; (2 Chronicles 1:16), from קָוָה; something waited for, i.e. confidence (objective or subjective); also a collection, i.e. (of water) a pond, or (of men and horses) a caravan or drove; abiding, gathering together, hope, linen yarn, plenty (of water), pool.
- G133 αἴνεσις - 133 αἴνεσις from αἰνέω; a praising (the act), i.e. (specially) a thank(-offering):--praise.
- G2134 εὐνουχίζω - 2134 εὐνουχίζω from εὐνοῦχος; to castrate (figuratively, live unmarried):--make…eunuch.
- H4337 מֵישָׁע - 4337 מֵישָׁע from יָשַׁע; safety; Mesha, an Israelite; Mesha.
- G1391 δόξα - 1391 δόξα from the base of δοκέω; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literal or figurative, objective or subjective):--dignity, glory(-ious), honour, praise, worship.
- H3047 יָדָע - 3047 יָדָע from יָדַע; knowing; Jada, an Israelite; Jada.
- G398 ἀναφαίνω - 398 ἀναφαίνω from ἀνά and φαίνω; to show, i.e. (reflexively) appear, or (passively) to have pointed out:--(should) appear, discover.
- H5526 סָכַךְ - 5526 סָכַךְ - סָכַךְ - - çâkak - saw-kak' - or שָׂכַךְ; (Exodus 33:22), a primitive root; properly, to entwine as ascreen; by implication, to fence in, cover over, (figuratively) protect; cover, defence, defend, hedge in, join together, set, shut up. - Verb - heb
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5607 סֵפֶק - 5607 סֵפֶק - סֵפֶק - - çêpheq - say'-fek - or שֶׂפֶק; (Job 20:22; Job 36:18), from סָפַק; chastisement; also satiety; stroke, sufficiency. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5643 סֵתֶר - 5643 סֵתֶר - סֵתֶר - - çêther - say'-ther - or (feminine) סִתְרָה; (Deuteronomy [32:38), from סָתַר; a cover (in a good or a bad, a literal or a figurative sense); backbiting, covering, covert, [idiom] disguise(-th), hiding place, privily, protection, secret(-ly, place). - - heb
- H5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - 5481 סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - סוּמְפּוֹנְיָה - - çûwmᵉpôwnᵉyâh - soom-po-neh-yaw' - (Aramaic) or סוּמְפֹּנְיָה; (Aramaic), or סִיפֹנְיָא; (Daniel 3:10) (Aramaic), of Greek origin; a bagpipe (with a double pipe); dulcimer. - Noun Feminine - arc
- H5857 עַי - 5857 עַי - עַי - - ʻAy - ah'ee - or (feminine) עַיָּא; (Nehemiah 11:31), or עַיָּת; (Isaiah 10:28), for עִי; Ai, Aja or Ajath, a place in Palestine; Ai, Aija, Aijath, Hai. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5867 עֵילָם - 5867 עֵילָם - עֵילָם - - ʻÊylâm - ay-lawm' - or עוֹלָם; (Ezra 10:2; Jeremiah 49:36), probably from עָלַם; hidden, i.e. distant; Elam, a son of Shem and his descendants, with their country; also of six Israelites; Elam. - - x-pn
- H5879 עֵינַיִם - 5879 עֵינַיִם - עֵינַיִם - - ʻÊynayim - ay-nah'-yim - or עֵינָם; dual of עַיִן; double fountain; Enajim or Enam, a place in Palestine; Enaim, openly (Genesis 38:21). - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H5833 עֶזְרָה - 5833 עֶזְרָה - עֶזְרָה - - ʻezrâh - ez-raw' - or עֶזְרָת; (Psalm 60:11 (13); Psalm 108:12 (13)), feminine of עֵזֶר; aid; help(-ed, -er). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H539 אָמַן - 539 אָמַן - אָמַן - - ʼâman - aw-man' - a primitive root; (Isaiah 30:21; interchangeable with אָמַן, to go to the right hand); properly, to build up or support; to foster as a parent or nurse; figuratively to render (or be) firm or faithful, to trust or believe, to be permanent or quiet; morally to be true or certain; hence, assurance, believe, bring up, establish, [phrase] fail, be faithful (of long continuance, stedfast, sure, surely, trusty, verified), nurse, (-ing father), (put), trust, turn to the right. - Verb - heb
- H165 אֱהִי - 165 אֱהִי - אֱהִי - - ʼĕhîy - e-hee' - apparently an orthographical variation for אַיֵּה; where; I will be (Hosea 13:10,14) (which is often the rendering of the same Hebrew form from הָיָה). - Adverb - heb
- H672 אֶפְרָת - 672 אֶפְרָת - אֶפְרָת - - ʼEphrâth - ef-rawth' - or אֶפְרָתָה; from פָּרָה; fruitfulness; Ephrath, another name for Bethlehem; once (Psalm 132:6) perhaps for Ephraim; also of an Israelitish woman; Ephrath, Ephratah. - - x-pn
- H336 אִי - 336 אִי - אִי - - ʼîy - ee - lemma אי missing vowel, corrected to אִי; probably identical with אַי (through the idea of a query); not; island (Job 22:30). - Adverb - heb
- H381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - 381 אִישׁ־חַיִל - אִישׁ־חַיִל - - ʼÎysh-Chayil - eesh-khah'-yil - from אִישׁ and חַיִל; man of might; by defective transcription (2 Samuel 23:20) אִישׁ־חַיxlit ʼÎsh-Chay corrected to ʼÎysh-Chay; as if from אִישׁ and חַי; living man; Ishchail (or Ish-chai), an Israelite; a valiant man. - Noun Masculine - x-pn
- H176 אוֹ - 176 אוֹ - אוֹ - - ʼôw - o - presumed to be the 'constructive' or genitival form of אַו ; short for אַוָּה; desire (and so probably in Proverbs 31:4); hence (by way of alternative) or, also if; also, and, either, if, at the least, [idiom] nor, or, otherwise, then, whether. - - heb
- H1262 בָּרָה - 1262 בָּרָה - בָּרָה - - bârâh - baw-raw' - a primitive root; to select; also (as denominative from בָּר) to feed; also (as equivalent to בָּרַר) to render clear (Ecclesiastes 3:18); to select; to feed; to render clear; choose, (cause to) eat, manifest, (give) meat. - Verb - heb
- H1760 דָּחָה - 1760 דָּחָה - דָּחָה - - dâchâh - daw-khaw' - or דָּחַח; (Jeremiah 23:12), a primitive root; to push down; chase, drive away (on), overthrow, outcast, [idiom] sore, thrust, totter. - Verb - heb
- H1709 דָּג - 1709 דָּג - דָּג - - dâg - dawg - or (fully) דָּאג; (Nehemiah 13:16), from דָּגָה; a fish (as prolific); or perhaps rather from דָּאַג (as timid); but still better from דָּאַג (in the sense of squirming, i.e. moving by the vibratory action of the tail); a fish (often used collectively); fish. - Noun Masculine - heb
- G1163 δεῖ - 1163 δεῖ - ΔΕῖ - - deî - die - 3rd person singular active present of δέω; also deon deh-on'; neuter active participle of the same; both used impersonally; it is (was, etc.) necessary (as binding):--behoved, be meet, must (needs), (be) need(-ful), ought, should. - Verb - greek
- H1817 דֶּלֶת - 1817 דֶּלֶת - דֶּלֶת - - deleth - deh'-leth - from דָּלָה; something swinging, i.e. the valve of adoor; door (two-leaved), gate, leaf, lid. (Psalm 141:3). - Noun Feminine - heb
- H1777 דִּין - 1777 דִּין - דִּין - - dîyn - deen - or (Genesis 6:3) דּוּן; a primitive root; a straight course, i.e. sail direct; (come) with a straight course. - Verb - heb
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1688 דְּבִיר - 1688 דְּבִיר - דְּבִיר - - Dᵉbîyr - deb-eer' - or (shortened) דְּבִר; (Joshua 13:26 (but see לֹא דְבַר)), the same as דְּבִיר; Debir, the name of an Amoritish king and of two places in Palestine; Debir. - - x-pn
- H1719 דְּדָן - 1719 דְּדָן - דְּדָן - - Dᵉdân - ded-awn' - or (prolonged) דְּדָנֶה; (Ezekiel 25:13), of uncertain derivation; Dedan, the name of two Cushites and of their territory; Dedan. - - x-pn
- בִּירָנִית - בִּירָנִית - H1003 1003 - bee-raw-neeth' - bîyrânîyth - from H1002 (בִּירָה); - a fortress - castle.
- בֵּית־גָּדֵר - בֵּית־גָּדֵר - H1013 1013 - bayth-gaw-dare' - Bêyth-Gâdêr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H1447 (גָּדֵר); house of (the) wall; - Beth-Gader, a place in Palestine - Beth-gader.
- בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - בֵּית הַמֶּרְחָק - H1023 1023 - bayth ham-mer-khawk' - Bêyth ham-Merchâq - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4801 (מֶרְחָק) with the article interposed; house of the breadth; - Beth-ham-Merchak, a place in Palestine - place that was far off.
- אָגַר - אָגַר - H103 103 - aw-gar' - ʼâgar - a primitive root; - to harvest - gather.
- בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - בֵּית הַשִּׁמְשִׁי - H1030 1030 - bayth hash-shim-shee' - Bêyth hash-Shimshîy - patrial from H1053 (בֵּית שֶׁמֶשׁ) with the article inserted; - a Beth-shimshite, or inhabitant of Bethshemesh - Bethshemite.
- בֵּית חׇגְלָה - בֵּית חׇגְלָה - H1031 1031 - bayth chog-law' - Bêyth Choglâh - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the same as H2295 (חׇגְלָה); house of a partridge; - Beth-Choglah, a place in Palestine - Beth-hoglah.
- בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - בֵּית חוֹרוֹן - H1032 1032 - bayth kho-rone' - Bêyth Chôwrôwn - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H2356 (חוֹר); house of hollowness; - Beth-Choron, the name of two adjoining places in Palestine - Beth-horon.
- בֵּית כַּר - בֵּית כַּר - H1033 1033 - bayth kar - Bêyth Kar - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3733 (כַּר); house of pasture; - Beth-Car, a place in Palestine - Beth-car.
- בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - בֵּית לְבָאוֹת - H1034 1034 - bayth leb-aw-oth' - Bêyth Lᵉbâʼôwth - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and the plural of H3833 (לָבִיא); house of lionesses; - Beth-Lebaoth, a place in Palestine - Beth-lebaoth. Compare H3822 (לְבָאוֹת).
- בֵּית לֶחֶם - בֵּית לֶחֶם - H1035 1035 - bayth leh'-khem - Bêyth Lechem - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H3899 (לֶחֶם); house of bread; - Beth-Lechem, a place in Palestine - Bethlehem.
- Romans 9:11 - (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
ΓΆΡ ΓΕΝΝΆΩ ΜΉΠΩ ΓΕΝΝΆΩ ΜΗΔΈ ΠΡΆΣΣΩ ΤῚΣ ἈΓΑΘΌΣ Ἤ ΚΑΚΌΣ ἽΝΑ ΠΡΌΘΕΣΙΣ ΘΕΌΣ ΚΑΤΆ ἘΚΛΟΓΉ ΜΈΝΩ Οὐ ἘΚ ἜΡΓΟΝ ἈΛΛΆ ἘΚ ΚΑΛΈΩ
- 1 Samuel 9:9 - (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)
פָּנִים יִשְׂרָאֵל אִישׁ יָלַךְ דָּרַשׁ אֱלֹהִים אָמַר יָלַךְ יָלַךְ רָאָה יוֹם נָבִיא פָּנִים קָרָא רָאָה
- Acts 21:29 - (For they had seen before with him in the city Trophimus an Ephesian, whom they supposed that Paul had brought into the temple.)
ΓΆΡ ἮΝ ΠΡΟΟΡΆΩ ΣΎΝ ΑὐΤΌΣ ἘΝ ΠΌΛΙΣ ΤΡΌΦΙΜΟΣ ἘΦΈΣΙΟΣ ὍΣ ΝΟΜΊΖΩ ὍΤΙ ΠΑῦΛΟΣ ΕἸΣΆΓΩ ΕἸΣ ἹΕΡΌΝ
- Exodus 5:14 - And the officers of the children of Israel, which Pharaoh's taskmasters had set over them, were beaten, and demanded, Wherefore have ye not fulfilled your task in making brick both yesterday and to day, as heretofore?
שֹׁטֵר בֵּן יִשְׂרָאֵל פַּרְעֹה נָגַשׂ שׂוּם נָכָה אָמַר כָּלָה חֹק לָבַן תְּמוֹל יוֹם תְּמוֹל שִׁלְשׁוֹם
- Mark 15:4 - And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
ΔΈ ΠΙΛᾶΤΟΣ ἘΠΕΡΩΤΆΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΠΆΛΙΝ ΛΈΓΩ ἈΠΟΚΡΊΝΟΜΑΙ ΟὐΔΕΊΣ Οὐ ἼΔΕ ΠΌΣΟΣ ΚΑΤΑΜΑΡΤΥΡΈΩ ΣΟῦ