Search:7 -> 7
- 7 #55 -
Random Sentences using:7
- Climacteric - n. - A period in human life in which some great change is supposed to take place in the constitution. The critical periods are thought by some to be the years produced by multiplying 7 into the odd numbers 3, 5, 7, and 9; to which others add the 81st year.
- Stabat Mater - - A celebrated Latin hymn, beginning with these words, commemorating the sorrows of the mother of our Lord at the foot of the cross. It is read in the Mass of the Sorrows of the Virgin Mary, and is sung by Catholics when making "the way of the cross" (Via Crucis). See Station, 7 (c).
- Sum - n. - The aggregate of two or more numbers, magnitudes, quantities, or particulars; the amount or whole of any number of individuals or particulars added together; as, the sum of 5 and 7 is 12.
- Batten - n . - A strip of sawed stuff, or a scantling; as, (a) pl. (Com. & Arch.) Sawed timbers about 7 by 2 1/2 inches and not less than 6 feet long. Brande & C. (b) (Naut.) A strip of wood used in fastening the edges of a tarpaulin to the deck, also around masts to prevent chafing. (c) A long, thin strip used to strengthen a part, to cover a crack, etc.
- Ruler - n. - A straight or curved strip of wood, metal, etc., with a smooth edge, used for guiding a pen or pencil in drawing lines. Cf. Rule, n., 7 (a).
- Submultiple - n. - A number or quality which is contained in another an exact number of times, or is an aliquot part of it; thus, 7 is the submultiple of 56, being contained in it eight times.
- Amount - n. - The sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is 16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this year's revenue.
- Multiply - v. t. - To add (any given number or quantity) to itself a certain number of times; to find the product of by multiplication; thus 7 multiplied by 8 produces the number 56; to multiply two numbers. See the Note under Multiplication.
- Denominate - a. - Having a specific name or denomination; specified in the concrete as opposed to abstract; thus, 7 feet is a denominate quantity, while 7 is mere abstract quantity or number. See Compound number, under Compound.
- Binomial - n. - An expression consisting of two terms connected by the sign plus (+) or minus (-); as, a + b, or 7 - 3.
- Residue - n. - Any positive or negative number that differs from a given number by a multiple of a given modulus; thus, if 7 is the modulus, and 9 the given number, the numbers -5, 2, 16, 23, etc., are residues.
- Product - n. - The number or sum obtained by adding one number or quantity to itself as many times as there are units in another number; the number resulting from the multiplication of two or more numbers; as, the product of the multiplication of 7 by 5 is 35. In general, the result of any kind of multiplication. See the Note under Multiplication.
- H2070 זְבוּב - 2070 זְבוּב from an unused root (meaning to flit); a fly (especially one of a stinging nature); fly.
- H8287 שָׁרוּחֶן - 8287 שָׁרוּחֶן probably from שָׁרָה (in the sense of dwelling (compare שְׁרֵא) and חֵן; abode of pleasure; Sharuchen, a place in Palestine; Sharuhen.
- G1307 διαφανής - 1307 διαφανής from διά and φαίνω; appearing through, i.e. "diaphanous":--transparent.
- G4793 συγκρίνω - 4793 συγκρίνω from σύν and κρίνω; to judge of one thing in connection with another, i.e. combine (spiritual ideas with appropriate expressions) or collate (one person with another by way of contrast or resemblance):--compare among (with).
- G5376 Φίλιππος - 5376 Φίλιππος from φίλος and ἵππος; fond of horses; Philippus, the name of four Israelites:--Philip.
- G3774 Οὐρίας - 3774 Οὐρίας of Hebrew origin (אוּרִיָּה); Urias (i.e. Urijah), a Hittite:--Urias.
- G2759 κέντρον - 2759 κέντρον from (to prick); a point ("centre"), i.e. a sting (figuratively, poison) or goad (figuratively, divine impulse):--prick, sting.
- G761 ἀσάλευτος - 761 ἀσάλευτος from Α (as a negative particle) and a derivative of σαλεύω; unshaken, i.e. (by implication) immovable (figuratively):--which cannot be moved, unmovable.
- G4176 πολιτεύομαι - 4176 πολιτεύομαι middle voice of a derivative of πολίτης; to behave as a citizen (figuratively):--let conversation be, live.
- H7935 שְׁכַנְיָה - 7935 שְׁכַנְיָה or (prolonged) שְׁכַנְיָהוּ; from שָׁכַן and יָהּ; Jah has dwelt; Shekanjah, the name of nine Israelites; Shecaniah, Shechaniah.
- G1827 ἐξελέγχω - 1827 ἐξελέγχω from ἐκ and ἐλέγχω; to convict fully, i.e. (by implication) to punish:--convince.
- G727 ἅρπαξ - 727 ἅρπαξ from ἁρπάζω; rapacious:--extortion, ravening.
- H763 אֲרַם נַהֲרַיִם - 763 אֲרַם נַהֲרַיִם from אֲרָם and the dual of נָהָר; Aram of (the) two rivers (Euphrates and Tigris) or Mesopotamia; Aham-naharaim, Mesopotamia.
- G755 ἀρχιτρίκλινος - 755 ἀρχιτρίκλινος from ἀρχή and a compound of τρεῖς and κλίνω (a dinner-bed, because composed of three couches); director of the entertainment:--governor (ruler) of the feast.
- H637 אַף - 637 אַף a primitive particle; meaning accession (used as an adverb or conjunction); also or yea; adversatively though; also, [phrase] although, and (furthermore, yet), but, even, [phrase] how much less (more, rather than), moreover, with, yea.
- G3747 ὀστέον - 3747 ὀστέον of uncertain affinity; a bone:--bone.
- G4706 σπουδαιότερον - 4706 σπουδαιότερον neuter of σπουδαιότερος as adverb; more earnestly than others), i.e. very promptly:--very diligently.
- G1752 ἕνεκα - 1752 ἕνεκα of uncertain affinity; on account of:--because, for (cause, sake), (where-)fore, by reason of, that.
- H4782 מׇרְדְּכַי - 4782 מׇרְדְּכַי of foreign derivation; Mordecai, an Israelite; Mordecai.
- H7143 קָרֵחַ - 7143 קָרֵחַ from קָרַח; bald; Kareach, an Israelite; Careah, Kareah.
- G5579 ψεῦδος - 5579 ψεῦδος from ψεύδομαι; a falsehood:--lie, lying.
- H3711 כָּפָה - 3711 כָּפָה a primitive root; properly, to bend, i.e. (figuratively) to tame or subdue; pacify.
- H976 בֹּחַן - 976 בֹּחַן from בָּחַן; trial; tried.
- H7571 רֶתַח - 7571 רֶתַח from רָתַח; a boiling; [idiom] (boil) well.
- H3397 יְרַחְמְאֵלִי - 3397 יְרַחְמְאֵלִי patronymically from יְרַחְמְאֵל; a Jerachmeelite or descendant of Jerachmeel; Jerahmeelites.
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5531 סִכְלוּת - 5531 סִכְלוּת - סִכְלוּת - - çiklûwth - sik-looth' - or שִׂכְלוּת; (Ecclesiastes 1:17), from סָכַל; silliness; folly, foolishness. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5645 עָב - 5645 עָב - עָב - - ʻâb - awb - (masculine and feminine); from עוּב; properly, an envelope, i.e. darkness (or density, 2 Chronicles 4:17); specifically, a (scud) cloud; also a copse; clay, (thick) cloud, [idiom] thick, thicket. Compare עֲבִי. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5771 עָוֺן - 5771 עָוֺן - עָוֺן - - ʻâvôn - aw-vone' - or עָווֹן; (2 Kings 7:9; Psalm 51:5 (אֲבַד)), from עָוָה; perversity, i.e. (moral) evil; fault, iniquity, mischeif, punishment (of iniquity), sin. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5755 עִוָּה - 5755 עִוָּה - עִוָּה - - ʻIvvâh - iv-vaw' - or עַוָּא; (2 Kings 17:24), for עַוָּה; Ivvah or Avva, a region of Assyria; Ava, Ivah. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H235 אָזַל - 235 אָזַל - אָזַל - - ʼâzal - aw-zal' - a primitive root; to go away, hence, to disappear; fail, gad about, go to and fro (but in Ezekiel 27:19 the word is rendered by many 'from Uzal,' by others 'yarn'), be gone (spent). - Verb - heb
- G11 Ἀβραάμ - 11 Ἀβραάμ - ἈΒΡΑΆΜ - - Abraám - ab-rah-am' - of Hebrew origin (אַבְרָהָם); Abraham, the Hebrew patriarch:--Abraham. (In Acts 7:16 the text should probably read Jacob.) - Proper Name Masculine - greek
- H1721 דֹּדָנִים - 1721 דֹּדָנִים - דֹּדָנִים - - Dôdânîym - do-daw-neem' - or (by orthographical error) רֹדָנִים (1 Chronicles 1:7); a plural of uncertain derivation; Dodanites, or descendants of a son of Javan; Dodanim. - Proper Name Masculine - x-pn
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1756 דּוֹר - 1756 דּוֹר - דּוֹר - - Dôwr - dore - or (by permutation) דֹּאר; (Joshua 17:11; 1 Kings 4:11), from דּוֹר; dwelling; Dor, a place in Palestine; Dor. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- G1548 ἐκγαμίσκω - 1548 ἐκγαμίσκω - ἘΚΓΑΜΊΣΚΩ - - ekgamískō - ek-gam-is'-ko - from ἐκ and γαμίσκω; the same as 1547:--give in marriage. - Verb - greek
- H1995 הָמוֹן - 1995 הָמוֹן - הָמוֹן - - hâmôwn - haw-mone' - or הָמֹן; (Ezekiel 5:7), from הָמָה; a noise, tumult, crowd; also disquietude, wealth; abundance, company, many, multitude, multiply, noise, riches, rumbling, sounding, store, tumult. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H3731 כַּפְתֹּר - 3731 כַּפְתֹּר - כַּפְתֹּר - - Kaphtôr - kaf-tore' - or (Amos 9:7) כַּפְתּוֹר; apparently the same as כַּפְתֹּר; Caphtor (i.e. a wreath-shaped island), the original seat of the Philistines; Caphtor. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H3654 כֵּן - 3654 כֵּן - כֵּן - - kên - kane - from כָּנַן in the sense of fastening; (from infixing its sting; used only in plural (and irregular in Exodus 8:17,18; Hebrews 13:14)); a gnat; lice, [idiom] manner. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H3645 כְּמוֹשׁ - 3645 כְּמוֹשׁ - כְּמוֹשׁ - - Kᵉmôwsh - kem-oshe' - or (Jeremiah 48:7) כְּמִישׁ; from an unused root meaning to subdue; the powerful; Kemosh, the god of the Moabites; Chemosh. - Proper Name - x-pn
- H4390 מָלֵא - 4390 מָלֵא - מָלֵא - - mâlêʼ - maw-lay' - or מָלָא; (Esther 7:5), a primitive root; to fill or (intransitively) be full of, in a wide application (literally and figuratively); accomplish, confirm, [phrase] consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, [idiom] draw, give in, go) full(-ly, -ly set, tale), (over-) flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a (hand-) full, [phrase] have wholly. - Verb - heb
- H4054 מִגְרָשׁ - 4054 מִגְרָשׁ - מִגְרָשׁ - - migrâsh - mig-rawsh' - also (in plural) feminine (Ezekiel 27:28) מִגְרָשָׁה; from גָּרַשׁ; a suburb (i.e. open country whither flocks are driven from pasture); hence, the area around abuilding, or the margin of the sea; cast out, suburb. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H4720 מִקְדָּשׁ - 4720 מִקְדָּשׁ - מִקְדָּשׁ - - miqdâsh - mik-dawsh' - or מִקְּדָשׁ; (Exodus 15:17), from קָדַשׁ; a consecrated thing or place, especially, a palace, sanctuary (whether of Jehovah or of idols) or asylum; chapel, hallowed part, holy place, sanctuary. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H4283 מׇחֳרָת - 4283 מׇחֳרָת - מׇחֳרָת - - mochŏrâth - mokh-or-awth' - or מׇחֳרָתָם; (1 Samuel 30:17), feminine from the same as מָחָר; the morrow or (adverbially) tomorrow; morrow, next day. - Noun Feminine - heb
- H5158 נַחַל - 5158 נַחַל - נַחַל - - nachal - nakh'-al - or (feminine) נַחְלָה; (Psalm 124:4), or נַחֲלָה; (Ezekiel 47:19; Ezekiel 48:28), from נָחַל in its original sense; a stream, especially a winter torrent; (by implication) a (narrow) valley (in which a brook runs); also a shaft (of a mine); brook, flood, river, stream, valley. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5077 נָדָה - 5077 נָדָה - נָדָה - - nâdâh - naw-daw' - or נָדָא; (2 Kings 17:21), a primitive root; properly, to toss; figuratively, to exclude, i.e. banish, postpone, prohibit; cast out, drive, put far away. - Verb - heb
- H5411 נָתִין - 5411 נָתִין - נָתִין - - Nâthîyn - naw-theen' - or נָתוּן (Ezra 8:17), (the proper form as passive participle), from נָתַן; one given, i.e. (in the plural only); the Nethinim, or Temple-servants (as given to that duty); Nethinims. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5126 נוּן - 5126 נוּן - נוּן - - Nûwn - noon - or נוֹן; (1 Chronicles 7:27), from נוּן; perpetuity,; Nun or Non, the father of Joshua; Non, Nun. - Proper Name Masculine - x-pn
- G5580 ψευδόχριστος - 5580 ψευδόχριστος - ΨΕΥΔΌΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ - - pseudóchristos - psyoo-dokh'-ris-tos - a spurious Messiah:--false Christ, Anti-Christ. from (5571) and (5547) - pseudochristos - psyoo-dokh'-ris-tos - Noun Masculine - from «5571» and «5547»; a spurious Messiah:--false Christ. - Noun Masculine - greek
- בֵּית אָוֶן - בֵּית אָוֶן - H1007 1007 - bayth aw'-ven - Bêyth ʼÂven - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H205 (אָוֶן); house of vanity; - Beth-Aven, a place in Palestine - Beth-aven.
- בֵּית הָאֱלִי - בֵּית הָאֱלִי - H1017 1017 - bayth haw-el-ee' - Bêyth hâ-ʼĔlîy - patrial from H1008 (בֵּית־אֵל) with the article interposed; - a Beth-elite, or inhabitant of Bethel - Bethelite.
- בֵּית הָרָם - בֵּית הָרָם - H1027 1027 - bayth haw-rawm' - Bêyth hâ-Râm - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H7311 (רוּם) with the article interposed; house of the height; - Beth-ha-Ram, a place East of the Jordan - Beth-aram.
- בֵּית מִלּוֹא - בֵּית מִלּוֹא - H1037 1037 - bayth mil-lo' - Bêyth Millôwʼ - or בֵּית מִלֹּא; from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4407 (מִלּוֹא); house of (the) rampart; - Beth-Millo, the name of two citadels - house of Millo.
- בֵּית פְּעוֹר - בֵּית פְּעוֹר - H1047 1047 - bayth pe-ore' - Bêyth Pᵉʻôwr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H6465 (פְּעוֹר); house of Peor; - Beth-Peor, a place East of the Jordan - Bethpeor.
- בָּכָא - בָּכָא - H1057 1057 - baw-kaw' - bâkâʼ - the same as H1056 (בָּכָא); - the weeping tree (some gum-distilling tree, perhaps the balsam) - mulberry tree.
- בְּכִירָה - בְּכִירָה - H1067 1067 - bek-ee-raw' - bᵉkîyrâh - feminine from H1069 (בָּכַר); - the eldest daughter - firstborn.
- אִגֶּרֶת - אִגֶּרֶת - H107 107 - ig-eh'-reth - ʼiggereth - feminine of H104 (אִגְּרָא); - an epistle - letter.
- בֶּכֶר - בֶּכֶר - H1070 1070 - beh'-ker - beker - from H1069 (בָּכַר) (in the sense of youth); - a young camel - dromedary.
- בֶכֶר - בֶכֶר - H1071 1071 - beh'-ker - Beker - the same as H1070 (בֶּכֶר); - Beker, the name of two Israelites - Becher.
- Luke 23:19 - (Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison.)
ὍΣΤΙΣ ἮΝ ΔΙΆ ΤῚΣ ΣΤΆΣΙΣ ΓΊΝΟΜΑΙ ἘΝ ΠΌΛΙΣ ΚΑΊ ΦΌΝΟΣ ΒΆΛΛΩ ΕἸΣ ΦΥΛΑΚΉ
- Mark 15:41 - (Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered unto him;) and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem.
ὍΣ ΚΑΊ ὍΤΕ ἮΝ ἘΝ ΓΑΛΙΛΑΊΑ ἈΚΟΛΟΥΘΈΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΚΑΊ ΔΙΑΚΟΝΈΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΚΑΊ ΠΟΛΎΣ ἌΛΛΟΣ Ὁ ΣΥΝΑΝΑΒΑΊΝΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΕἸΣ ἹΕΡΟΣΌΛΥΜΑ
- Isaiah 50:8 - He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.
קָרוֹב צָדַק רִיב עָמַד יַחַד מִשְׁפָּט בַּעַל נָגַשׁ
- Deuteronomy 20:8 - And the officers shall speak further unto the people, and they shall say, What man is there that is fearful and fainthearted? let him go and return unto his house, lest his brethren's heart faint as well as his heart.
שֹׁטֵר דָבַר יָסַף עַם אָמַר אִישׁ יָרֵא לֵבָב רַךְ יָלַךְ שׁוּב בַּיִת אָח לֵבָב מָסַס לֵבָב
- 1 Samuel 9:9 - (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)
פָּנִים יִשְׂרָאֵל אִישׁ יָלַךְ דָּרַשׁ אֱלֹהִים אָמַר יָלַךְ יָלַךְ רָאָה יוֹם נָבִיא פָּנִים קָרָא רָאָה