Search:7 -> 7
- 7 #55 -
Random Sentences using:7
- Amount - n. - The sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is 16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this year's revenue.
- Stabat Mater - - A celebrated Latin hymn, beginning with these words, commemorating the sorrows of the mother of our Lord at the foot of the cross. It is read in the Mass of the Sorrows of the Virgin Mary, and is sung by Catholics when making "the way of the cross" (Via Crucis). See Station, 7 (c).
- Residue - n. - Any positive or negative number that differs from a given number by a multiple of a given modulus; thus, if 7 is the modulus, and 9 the given number, the numbers -5, 2, 16, 23, etc., are residues.
- Denominate - a. - Having a specific name or denomination; specified in the concrete as opposed to abstract; thus, 7 feet is a denominate quantity, while 7 is mere abstract quantity or number. See Compound number, under Compound.
- Sum - n. - The aggregate of two or more numbers, magnitudes, quantities, or particulars; the amount or whole of any number of individuals or particulars added together; as, the sum of 5 and 7 is 12.
- Multiply - v. t. - To add (any given number or quantity) to itself a certain number of times; to find the product of by multiplication; thus 7 multiplied by 8 produces the number 56; to multiply two numbers. See the Note under Multiplication.
- Submultiple - n. - A number or quality which is contained in another an exact number of times, or is an aliquot part of it; thus, 7 is the submultiple of 56, being contained in it eight times.
- Batten - n . - A strip of sawed stuff, or a scantling; as, (a) pl. (Com. & Arch.) Sawed timbers about 7 by 2 1/2 inches and not less than 6 feet long. Brande & C. (b) (Naut.) A strip of wood used in fastening the edges of a tarpaulin to the deck, also around masts to prevent chafing. (c) A long, thin strip used to strengthen a part, to cover a crack, etc.
- Product - n. - The number or sum obtained by adding one number or quantity to itself as many times as there are units in another number; the number resulting from the multiplication of two or more numbers; as, the product of the multiplication of 7 by 5 is 35. In general, the result of any kind of multiplication. See the Note under Multiplication.
- Ruler - n. - A straight or curved strip of wood, metal, etc., with a smooth edge, used for guiding a pen or pencil in drawing lines. Cf. Rule, n., 7 (a).
- Climacteric - n. - A period in human life in which some great change is supposed to take place in the constitution. The critical periods are thought by some to be the years produced by multiplying 7 into the odd numbers 3, 5, 7, and 9; to which others add the 81st year.
- Binomial - n. - An expression consisting of two terms connected by the sign plus (+) or minus (-); as, a + b, or 7 - 3.
- H3637 כָּלַם - 3637 כָּלַם a primitive root; properly, to wound; but only figuratively, to taunt or insult; be (make) ashamed, blush, be confounded, be put to confusion, hurt, reproach, (do, put to) shame.
- H7833 שָׁחַק - 7833 שָׁחַק a primitive root; to comminate (by trituration or attrition); beat, wear.
- G2697 κατάσχεσις - 2697 κατάσχεσις from κατέχω; a holding down, i.e. occupancy:--possession.
- H3279 יַעֲלָא - 3279 יַעֲלָא or יַעֲלָה; the same as יַעֲלָה or direct from יַעַל; Jaala or Jaalah, one of the Nethinim; Jaala, Jaalah.
- H667 אֶפְרֹחַ - 667 אֶפְרֹחַ from פָּרַח (in the sense of bursting the shell); the brood of a bird; young (one).
- H6759 צַלְמֻנָּע - 6759 צַלְמֻנָּע from צֵל and מָנַע; shade has been denied; Tsalmunna, a Midianite; Zalmunna.
- H7457 רָעֵב - 7457 רָעֵב from רָעֵב; hungry (more or less intensely); hunger bitten, hungry.
- H1758 דּוּשׁ - 1758 דּוּשׁ or דּוֹשׁ; or דִּישׁ; a primitive root; to trample or thresh; break, tear, thresh, tread out (down), at grass (Jeremiah 50:11, by mistake for דֶּשֶׁא).
- H7126 קָרַב - 7126 קָרַב a primitive root; to approach (causatively, bring near) for whatever purpose; (cause to) approach, (cause to) bring (forth, near), (cause to) come (near, nigh), (cause to) draw near (nigh), go (near), be at hand, join, be near, offer, present, produce, make ready, stand, take.
- H7253 רֶבַע - 7253 רֶבַע from רָבַע; a fourth (part or side); fourth part, side, square.
- H2671 חֵץ - 2671 חֵץ from חָצַץ; also by interchange for עֵץ; properly, a piercer, i.e. an arrow; by implication, a wound; figuratively, (of God) thunderbolt; the shaft of aspear; [phrase] archer, arrow, dart, shaft, staff, wound.
- H7717 שָׂהֵד - 7717 שָׂהֵד from an unused root meaning to testify; a witness; record.
- G272 ἀμελέω - 272 ἀμελέω from Α (as a negative particle) and μέλω; to be careless of:--make light of, neglect, be negligent, no regard.
- G3278 - 3278
- H817 אָשָׁם - 817 אָשָׁם from אָשַׁם; guilt; by implication, a fault; also a sin-offering; guiltiness, (offering for) sin, trespass (offering).
- H7732 שׁוֹבָל - 7732 שׁוֹבָל from the same as שֹׁבֶל; overflowing; Shobal, the name of an Edomite and two Israelites; Shobal.
- H6037 עַנְוָה - 6037 עַנְוָה feminine of עָנָו; mildness (royal); also (concretely) oppressed; gentleness, meekness.
- H7766 שׁוּנֵם - 7766 שׁוּנֵם probably from the same as שׁוּנִי; quietly; Shunem, a place in Pal; Shunem.
- H3774 כְּרֵתִי - 3774 כְּרֵתִי probably from כָּרַת in the sense of executioner; (compare טַבָּח) (only collectively in the singular as plural); a Kerethite or life-guardsman; Cherethims, Cherethites.
- H7045 קְלָלָה - 7045 קְלָלָה from קָלַל; vilification; (ac-) curse(-d, -ing).
- H4187 מוּשִׁי - 4187 מוּשִׁי or מֻשִּׁי; from מוּשׁ; sensitive; Mushi, a Levite; Mushi.
- H5782 עוּר - 5782 עוּר a primitive root (rather identical with through the idea of opening the eyes); to wake (literally or figuratively); (a-) wake(-n, up), lift up (self), [idiom] master, raise (up), stir up (self).
- H4097 מִדְרָשׁ - 4097 מִדְרָשׁ from דָּרַשׁ; properly, an investigation, i.e. (by implication) a treatise or elaborate compilation; story.
- H4754 מָרָא - 4754 מָרָא a primitive root; to rebel; hence (through the idea of maltreating) to whip, i.e. lash (self with wings, as the ostrich in running); be filthy, lift up self.
- H1717 דַּד - 1717 דַּד apparently from the same as דּוֹד; the breast (as the seat of love, or from its shape); breast, teat.
- H5596 סָפַח - 5596 סָפַח - סָפַח - - çâphach - saw-fakh' - or שָׂפַח; (Isaiah 3:17), a primitive root; properly, to scrape out, but in certain peculiar senses (of removal or association); abiding, gather together, cleave, smite with the scab. - Verb - heb
- H5606 סָפַק - 5606 סָפַק - סָפַק - - çâphaq - saw-fak' - or שָׂפַק; (1 Kings 20:10; Job 27:23; Isaiah 2:6), a primitive root; to clap the hands (in token of compact, derision, grief, indignation, or punishment); by implication of satisfaction, to be enough; by implication of excess, to vomit; clap, smite, strike, suffice, wallow. - Verb - heb
- H5531 סִכְלוּת - 5531 סִכְלוּת - סִכְלוּת - - çiklûwth - sik-looth' - or שִׂכְלוּת; (Ecclesiastes 1:17), from סָכַל; silliness; folly, foolishness. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5645 עָב - 5645 עָב - עָב - - ʻâb - awb - (masculine and feminine); from עוּב; properly, an envelope, i.e. darkness (or density, 2 Chronicles 4:17); specifically, a (scud) cloud; also a copse; clay, (thick) cloud, [idiom] thick, thicket. Compare עֲבִי. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5771 עָוֺן - 5771 עָוֺן - עָוֺן - - ʻâvôn - aw-vone' - or עָווֹן; (2 Kings 7:9; Psalm 51:5 (אֲבַד)), from עָוָה; perversity, i.e. (moral) evil; fault, iniquity, mischeif, punishment (of iniquity), sin. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5755 עִוָּה - 5755 עִוָּה - עִוָּה - - ʻIvvâh - iv-vaw' - or עַוָּא; (2 Kings 17:24), for עַוָּה; Ivvah or Avva, a region of Assyria; Ava, Ivah. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H235 אָזַל - 235 אָזַל - אָזַל - - ʼâzal - aw-zal' - a primitive root; to go away, hence, to disappear; fail, gad about, go to and fro (but in Ezekiel 27:19 the word is rendered by many 'from Uzal,' by others 'yarn'), be gone (spent). - Verb - heb
- G11 Ἀβραάμ - 11 Ἀβραάμ - ἈΒΡΑΆΜ - - Abraám - ab-rah-am' - of Hebrew origin (אַבְרָהָם); Abraham, the Hebrew patriarch:--Abraham. (In Acts 7:16 the text should probably read Jacob.) - Proper Name Masculine - greek
- H1721 דֹּדָנִים - 1721 דֹּדָנִים - דֹּדָנִים - - Dôdânîym - do-daw-neem' - or (by orthographical error) רֹדָנִים (1 Chronicles 1:7); a plural of uncertain derivation; Dodanites, or descendants of a son of Javan; Dodanim. - Proper Name Masculine - x-pn
- H1886 דֹּתָן - 1886 דֹּתָן - דֹּתָן - - Dôthân - do'-thawn - or (Aramaic dual) דֹּתַיִן; (Genesis 37:17), of uncertain derivation; Dothan, a place in Palestine; Dothan. h - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H1756 דּוֹר - 1756 דּוֹר - דּוֹר - - Dôwr - dore - or (by permutation) דֹּאר; (Joshua 17:11; 1 Kings 4:11), from דּוֹר; dwelling; Dor, a place in Palestine; Dor. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- G1548 ἐκγαμίσκω - 1548 ἐκγαμίσκω - ἘΚΓΑΜΊΣΚΩ - - ekgamískō - ek-gam-is'-ko - from ἐκ and γαμίσκω; the same as 1547:--give in marriage. - Verb - greek
- H1995 הָמוֹן - 1995 הָמוֹן - הָמוֹן - - hâmôwn - haw-mone' - or הָמֹן; (Ezekiel 5:7), from הָמָה; a noise, tumult, crowd; also disquietude, wealth; abundance, company, many, multitude, multiply, noise, riches, rumbling, sounding, store, tumult. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H3731 כַּפְתֹּר - 3731 כַּפְתֹּר - כַּפְתֹּר - - Kaphtôr - kaf-tore' - or (Amos 9:7) כַּפְתּוֹר; apparently the same as כַּפְתֹּר; Caphtor (i.e. a wreath-shaped island), the original seat of the Philistines; Caphtor. - Proper Name Location - x-pn
- H3654 כֵּן - 3654 כֵּן - כֵּן - - kên - kane - from כָּנַן in the sense of fastening; (from infixing its sting; used only in plural (and irregular in Exodus 8:17,18; Hebrews 13:14)); a gnat; lice, [idiom] manner. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H3645 כְּמוֹשׁ - 3645 כְּמוֹשׁ - כְּמוֹשׁ - - Kᵉmôwsh - kem-oshe' - or (Jeremiah 48:7) כְּמִישׁ; from an unused root meaning to subdue; the powerful; Kemosh, the god of the Moabites; Chemosh. - Proper Name - x-pn
- H4390 מָלֵא - 4390 מָלֵא - מָלֵא - - mâlêʼ - maw-lay' - or מָלָא; (Esther 7:5), a primitive root; to fill or (intransitively) be full of, in a wide application (literally and figuratively); accomplish, confirm, [phrase] consecrate, be at an end, be expired, be fenced, fill, fulfil, (be, become, [idiom] draw, give in, go) full(-ly, -ly set, tale), (over-) flow, fulness, furnish, gather (selves, together), presume, replenish, satisfy, set, space, take a (hand-) full, [phrase] have wholly. - Verb - heb
- H4054 מִגְרָשׁ - 4054 מִגְרָשׁ - מִגְרָשׁ - - migrâsh - mig-rawsh' - also (in plural) feminine (Ezekiel 27:28) מִגְרָשָׁה; from גָּרַשׁ; a suburb (i.e. open country whither flocks are driven from pasture); hence, the area around abuilding, or the margin of the sea; cast out, suburb. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H4720 מִקְדָּשׁ - 4720 מִקְדָּשׁ - מִקְדָּשׁ - - miqdâsh - mik-dawsh' - or מִקְּדָשׁ; (Exodus 15:17), from קָדַשׁ; a consecrated thing or place, especially, a palace, sanctuary (whether of Jehovah or of idols) or asylum; chapel, hallowed part, holy place, sanctuary. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H4283 מׇחֳרָת - 4283 מׇחֳרָת - מׇחֳרָת - - mochŏrâth - mokh-or-awth' - or מׇחֳרָתָם; (1 Samuel 30:17), feminine from the same as מָחָר; the morrow or (adverbially) tomorrow; morrow, next day. - Noun Feminine - heb
- H5158 נַחַל - 5158 נַחַל - נַחַל - - nachal - nakh'-al - or (feminine) נַחְלָה; (Psalm 124:4), or נַחֲלָה; (Ezekiel 47:19; Ezekiel 48:28), from נָחַל in its original sense; a stream, especially a winter torrent; (by implication) a (narrow) valley (in which a brook runs); also a shaft (of a mine); brook, flood, river, stream, valley. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5077 נָדָה - 5077 נָדָה - נָדָה - - nâdâh - naw-daw' - or נָדָא; (2 Kings 17:21), a primitive root; properly, to toss; figuratively, to exclude, i.e. banish, postpone, prohibit; cast out, drive, put far away. - Verb - heb
- H5411 נָתִין - 5411 נָתִין - נָתִין - - Nâthîyn - naw-theen' - or נָתוּן (Ezra 8:17), (the proper form as passive participle), from נָתַן; one given, i.e. (in the plural only); the Nethinim, or Temple-servants (as given to that duty); Nethinims. - Noun Masculine - heb
- H5126 נוּן - 5126 נוּן - נוּן - - Nûwn - noon - or נוֹן; (1 Chronicles 7:27), from נוּן; perpetuity,; Nun or Non, the father of Joshua; Non, Nun. - Proper Name Masculine - x-pn
- G5580 ψευδόχριστος - 5580 ψευδόχριστος - ΨΕΥΔΌΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ - - pseudóchristos - psyoo-dokh'-ris-tos - a spurious Messiah:--false Christ, Anti-Christ. from (5571) and (5547) - pseudochristos - psyoo-dokh'-ris-tos - Noun Masculine - from «5571» and «5547»; a spurious Messiah:--false Christ. - Noun Masculine - greek
- בֵּית אָוֶן - בֵּית אָוֶן - H1007 1007 - bayth aw'-ven - Bêyth ʼÂven - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H205 (אָוֶן); house of vanity; - Beth-Aven, a place in Palestine - Beth-aven.
- בֵּית הָאֱלִי - בֵּית הָאֱלִי - H1017 1017 - bayth haw-el-ee' - Bêyth hâ-ʼĔlîy - patrial from H1008 (בֵּית־אֵל) with the article interposed; - a Beth-elite, or inhabitant of Bethel - Bethelite.
- בֵּית הָרָם - בֵּית הָרָם - H1027 1027 - bayth haw-rawm' - Bêyth hâ-Râm - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H7311 (רוּם) with the article interposed; house of the height; - Beth-ha-Ram, a place East of the Jordan - Beth-aram.
- בֵּית מִלּוֹא - בֵּית מִלּוֹא - H1037 1037 - bayth mil-lo' - Bêyth Millôwʼ - or בֵּית מִלֹּא; from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H4407 (מִלּוֹא); house of (the) rampart; - Beth-Millo, the name of two citadels - house of Millo.
- בֵּית פְּעוֹר - בֵּית פְּעוֹר - H1047 1047 - bayth pe-ore' - Bêyth Pᵉʻôwr - from H1004 (בַּיִת) and H6465 (פְּעוֹר); house of Peor; - Beth-Peor, a place East of the Jordan - Bethpeor.
- בָּכָא - בָּכָא - H1057 1057 - baw-kaw' - bâkâʼ - the same as H1056 (בָּכָא); - the weeping tree (some gum-distilling tree, perhaps the balsam) - mulberry tree.
- בְּכִירָה - בְּכִירָה - H1067 1067 - bek-ee-raw' - bᵉkîyrâh - feminine from H1069 (בָּכַר); - the eldest daughter - firstborn.
- אִגֶּרֶת - אִגֶּרֶת - H107 107 - ig-eh'-reth - ʼiggereth - feminine of H104 (אִגְּרָא); - an epistle - letter.
- בֶּכֶר - בֶּכֶר - H1070 1070 - beh'-ker - beker - from H1069 (בָּכַר) (in the sense of youth); - a young camel - dromedary.
- בֶכֶר - בֶכֶר - H1071 1071 - beh'-ker - Beker - the same as H1070 (בֶּכֶר); - Beker, the name of two Israelites - Becher.
- 2 Chronicles 18:3 - And Ahab king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat king of Judah, Wilt thou go with me to Ramothgilead? And he answered him, I am as thou art, and my people as thy people; and we will be with thee in the war.
אַחְאָב מֶלֶךְ יִשְׂרָאֵל אָמַר יְהוֹשָׁפָט מֶלֶךְ יְהוּדָה יָלַךְ גִּלְעָד רָמֹת גִּלעָד אָמַר עַם עַם מִלְחָמָה
- Deuteronomy 20:8 - And the officers shall speak further unto the people, and they shall say, What man is there that is fearful and fainthearted? let him go and return unto his house, lest his brethren's heart faint as well as his heart.
שֹׁטֵר דָבַר יָסַף עַם אָמַר אִישׁ יָרֵא לֵבָב רַךְ יָלַךְ שׁוּב בַּיִת אָח לֵבָב מָסַס לֵבָב
- Mark 15:4 - And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
ΔΈ ΠΙΛᾶΤΟΣ ἘΠΕΡΩΤΆΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ ΠΆΛΙΝ ΛΈΓΩ ἈΠΟΚΡΊΝΟΜΑΙ ΟὐΔΕΊΣ Οὐ ἼΔΕ ΠΌΣΟΣ ΚΑΤΑΜΑΡΤΥΡΈΩ ΣΟῦ
- Job 30:25 - Did not I weep for him that was in trouble? was not my soul grieved for the poor?
בָּכָה יוֹם קָשֶׁה נֶפֶשׁ עָגַם אֶבְיוֹן
בָּכָה × at all, bewail, compl.. יוֹם day/time/year Age, always, chronica.. קָשֶׁה Churlish, cruel, grievo.. נֶפֶשׁ Any, appetite, beast, b.. עָגַם Grieve אֶבְיוֹן beggar, needy, poor (man) Beggar, needy, poor (man)
- John 12:19 - The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.
ΦΑΡΙΣΑῖΟΣ ΟὖΝ ἜΠΩ ΠΡΌΣ ἙΑΥΤΟῦ ΘΕΩΡΈΩ ὍΤΙ ὨΦΕΛΈΩ ΟὐΔΕΊΣ Οὐ ἼΔΕ ΚΌΣΜΟΣ ἈΠΈΡΧΟΜΑΙ ὈΠΊΣΩ ΑὐΤΌΣ